AWIN - Finding CTRL Channel

  • ericfatherree
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
      I have a Uniden BCD396xt that I have been trying to program for this area. I have all the conv systems working "analog" and some of our agencies use the state AWIN system which is digital. The scanner come with Arkansas pre programed and when I try to scan those channels and have an officer use the radio to test it, the bottom of the screen scrolls "Finding CTRL Channel" does any one know what these means? Am I picking up the towers? or is there a setting that may need to be changed. I would like to pick up all the AWIN freq if possible.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
        That means it cannot find an active control channel. Most likely the
        preloaded data is pre-rebanding and you have to change the frequencies
        for post-rebanding. In most cases, that simply means lowering the
        frequencies by 15 MHz.

        Joe M.

        ericfatherree wrote:
        > I have a Uniden BCD396xt that I have been trying to program for this area. I have all the conv systems working "analog" and some of our agencies use the state AWIN system which is digital. The scanner come with Arkansas pre programed and when I try to scan those channels and have an officer use the radio to test it, the bottom of the screen scrolls "Finding CTRL Channel" does any one know what these means? Am I picking up the towers? or is there a setting that may need to be changed. I would like to pick up all the AWIN freq if possible.

      • Milton Engle
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012
          The pre-programmed stuff in all scanners is only as accurate as the sources
          used to determine it AT THE TIME IT WAS SOUGHT.

          In other words if the person setting up the pre-programmed info looked at
          say Radio Reference before a system was rebanded and dumped that information
          into the firmware of the scanner, then the information is only acdcurate
          until the system is rebanded or some other change occurs. After that it is
          just useless information that cannot be changed and serves no useful purpose
          other than to confuse first time users.

          .