Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Firmware Release?

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 28, 2012
      I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was simply pointing out that the
      other thread which "announced" the new firmware specifically said it was
      a pending release. As I understand it, the website says that, too.

      Joe M.

      motorolaastro wrote:

      >> If you read the other thread on this list, it says it is
      >> a PENDING release which means it has not been released yet.
      >>
      >> Joe M.
      >>
      >> motorolaastro wrote:
      >>> Has anybody been able to successfully download firmware version 1.11.01? I have made several attempts and have been unsuccessful. If anyone has successfully downloaded this firmware file please upload it to the files section due to the Uniden website having a broken link at this time.
      >

      > I didn't read the other thread on this list. I was asking for some information no need to become hostile with your sarcastic replies Joe M.
    • motorolaastro
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
        Dear group members does anybody have any updated information on when the new firmware will be released? This will be very helpful thank you...
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
          Might be next week.

          Joe M.

          motorolaastro wrote:
          > Dear group members does anybody have any updated information on when the new firmware will be released? This will be very helpful thank you...
        • Jerry Mader
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
            What all does this firmware address?
            And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
            I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.

            Thanks
            Jerry mader

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
              There was a link posted, but I think the only thing it
              addresses is enhanced performance on P25 LSM systems.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
                Ok thank you Joe.
                Jerry Mader

                Jerry Mader wrote:
                > What all does this firmware address?
                > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
                > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Jerry mader

              • Ronski45
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Know one knows when this is being made available yet.
                  Jerry from my site
                  http://webpages.charter.net/radiosite/MidmichiganScanner.html
                  Owners of Uniden digital scanner model 396XT.
                  New firmware to be released that will help address the garbled audio of
                  simulcast radio systems.
                  Simulcast systems - those with multiple towers in the area are Saginaw,
                  Genesee county, Lapeer and Flint.
                  Messages link
                  <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/255761-did-anyone-else-notice.html>,
                  firmware link.
                  <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>

                  On 1/2/2013 5:37 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                  > What all does this firmware address?
                  > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
                  > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Jerry mader

                • Robert Klamp Jr.
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                    Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
                    nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?

                    Bob

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                      To ALL->
                      NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                      on 996XT.
                      We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                      See
                      http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                        I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
                        on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
                        the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

                        Joe M.

                      • Jerry Mader
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                          I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
                          Later
                          jerry Madder
                          NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                          on 996XT.
                          We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                          See
                          http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                          On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

                          > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
                          > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
                          >
                          > Bob
                          >
                          > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                        • Ronski45
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
                            From
                            http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

                            The release date is _Monday_.
                            So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                            overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                            As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                            as has been done before by others and myself?

                            On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                            > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                            > improves the audio.
                            > Later
                            > jerry Madder

                          • Bob
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                              for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
                              Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
                              Happy New Year everyone,
                              Bob

                              So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                              overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                              As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                              as has been done before by others and myself?

                              On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                              > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                              > improves the audio.
                              > Later
                              > jerry Madder

                            • awbuckleynj
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                                I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                                  that's what I'm hoping too.
                                  I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                                  Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                                  Thanks
                                  Jerry mader