RE: [BCD396XT] Uniden BCD396XT Firmware Revision Notes 1.11.01 - PENDING RELEASE...

  • Doug Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 26, 2012
      Gidday David,

      I just add the talkgroups for my area for the GRN and then identify any new ones.

      This might be difficult in your case if you take your scanner with you at work as you would cover
      a good part of the state.

      Regards,

      Doug

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: yahoogroups@...
      Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:31:35 +1100
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden BCD396XT Firmware Revision Notes 1.11.01 - PENDING RELEASE...

      What I need is more talk groups per system. The NSW GRN has over 700

      talk groups.

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 26, 2012
        Just create duplicate Systems for the "excess" talkgroups.

        Joe M.

        David Johnson wrote:
        > What I need is more talk groups per system. The NSW GRN has over 700
        > talk groups.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On 27/12/2012, at 7:54, Brian <mtnbiker2005ipn@...> wrote:
        >
        >> FYI:
        >>
        >> Uniden BCD396XT Firmware Revision Notes 1.11.01 - PENDING RELEASE...
        >>
        >> Check back for working download links at a later time/date.
        >>
        >> <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>
        >>

        >> What is Changed by This Update?
        >>
        >> This update improves performance on APCO Project P25 sites operating in Linear Simulcast Mode (LSM).

      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 26, 2012
          Yes, but the system is so large it can take up to 20 seconds to go through
          all the control frequencies. If this is duplicated, it could then take 40
          seconds before coming back to an active talk group.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 26, 2012
            Do you have the different sites programmed as different Sites in the
            scanner? If so, how many Sites are in range? There should only be a few
            sites in range at most locations, and the XT scanner should scan all of
            them within (in range and not in range) about 5 seconds or so.

            Also, are you entering only the control frequencies or all frequencies
            on the system?

            Something just sounds a little off with your setup.

            Joe M.

            David Johnson wrote:
            > Yes, but the system is so large it can take up to 20 seconds to go through
            > all the control frequencies. If this is duplicated, it could then take 40
            > seconds before coming back to an active talk group.

          • john szalay
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 27, 2012
              Thats what I did , and works great,
               systems are  sorted by use   Police,  fire, Utility, works   ETC:

              ________________________________

              David Johnson wrote:
              > What I need is more talk groups per system. The NSW GRN has over 700
              > talk groups.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On 27/12/2012, at 7:54, Brian <mtnbiker2005ipn@...> wrote:
              >
              >> FYI:
              >>
              >> Uniden BCD396XT Firmware Revision Notes 1.11.01 - PENDING RELEASE...
              >>
              >> Check back for working download links at a later time/date.
              >>
              >> <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>
              >>

              >> What is Changed by This Update?
              >>
              >> This update improves performance on APCO Project P25 sites operating in Linear Simulcast Mode (LSM).

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2013
                Check on Monday for the file

                Update from UPMan on the RR thread.

                I have the update in my hot little hands...and spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get our new updater configured correctly so that I could issue it. Unfortunately...looks like a Monday release.Two pieces of good news, though:

                When it is issued, you'll see that the new updater is just dumb simple (well, for you...as you can see, on the back end it has me a bit challenged right now). If you've updated a BC125AT, you've already seen it in action. You just tell it which scanner you have, which version you want to apply, and then hit "start." No need to cross your eyes and hit 4 buttons while tying your shoelaces to get it into update mode.

                If you have a HomePatrol-1, the release is available right now. So, if you really want the update today, rush out and buy a HomePatrol-1 tonight! Then, cruise over to the other thread before discussing that one, though, lest the thread pollution get any thicker than it already is.

                <http://forums.radioreference.com/1886772-post50.html>

                HomePatrol-1 v2.04.01 Released.
                Improves audio when receiving digital transmissions on Simulcast (also called Linear Simulcast Mode, or LSM) Repeaters.
                <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/257099-homepatrol-1-v2-04-01-released.html>