Re: [BCD396XT] Need help downloading programming, software or whatever for my scanner

  • Michael Weidemeier
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
      Hi,
      I live in Ft. Wayne In. I would appreciate help downloading frequencies for my area. I'm looking at buying ARC-XT from Butel software or trying to use the soft ware that matches up to Freescan. However I'm having trouble seeing how to use freescan. I joined radioreference for 180 days. I've already sunk a ton of doe in this scanner and prefer to go the free route if I can. Good advice would be appreciated

      Thanking you in advance, Mike weidemeier
       I don't know where to download frequencies on freescan. I loaded some software" sixspot" something. I can download frequency numbers from RR but I am not able to put them in my radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Weidemeier

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2012
        When using freescan go to file-->import-->import from radio reference and it should download all the frequencies you picked into the software. Then just set your quick keys and program the radio. Your now ready to scan.

        Hope this helps,
        Bob

        Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.

        sailweid13 wrote:
        > However I'm having trouble seeing how to use freescan. I joined radioreference for 180 days.

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2012
          Have you been here ?
          http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeScan_User_Guide