Re: [BCD396XT] New to the BCD396XT scanner

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
      Using what software program ?

      At 07:37 AM 12/1/2012, you wrote:

      >Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and
      >updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.
      >
      >thank you in advance.
      >
      >- Peter
    • Guy Teague
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
        if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
        file for import into your programming application. and many programming
        apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
        your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
        and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.

        /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

      • HARLEYTAT2S
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
          Brian you rock, i will buy arc now since i already have rr account, will basic be enough or should i get pro while i'm at it?

          thank you again

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Guy Teague <accts@...> wrote:

          > if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
          > file for import into your programming application. and many programming
          > apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
          > your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
          > and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.
          >
          > /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

        • JAN FINE
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
            With FreeScan you can also import from www.radioreference.com.
          • Manny Gonzalez
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
              FreeSCAN is, well, free, and it supports RR db directly as well... terrific
              program

              --
              Manny Gonzalez

            • HARLEYTAT2S
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2012
                Thank you all for the answers, I went with ARC and got my BC all set...cake and i love it, much better than my old RS Pro 96 :)