Re: [BCD396XT] New to the BCD396XT scanner

  • Brian Smithson
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
      HI Peter!

      Welcome!

      Sign up for www.radioreference.com and use one of the programming packages
      that interface with it.

      73!

      -Brian n8wrl

      On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM, HARLEYTAT2S <passion4ever@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and
      > updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.
      >
      > thank you in advance.
      >
      > - Peter

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
        Using what software program ?

        At 07:37 AM 12/1/2012, you wrote:

        >Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and
        >updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.
        >
        >thank you in advance.
        >
        >- Peter
      • Guy Teague
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
          if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
          file for import into your programming application. and many programming
          apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
          your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
          and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.

          /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

        • HARLEYTAT2S
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
            Brian you rock, i will buy arc now since i already have rr account, will basic be enough or should i get pro while i'm at it?

            thank you again

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Guy Teague <accts@...> wrote:

            > if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
            > file for import into your programming application. and many programming
            > apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
            > your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
            > and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.
            >
            > /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

          • JAN FINE
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
              With FreeScan you can also import from www.radioreference.com.
            • Manny Gonzalez
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
                FreeSCAN is, well, free, and it supports RR db directly as well... terrific
                program

                --
                Manny Gonzalez

              • HARLEYTAT2S
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Thank you all for the answers, I went with ARC and got my BC all set...cake and i love it, much better than my old RS Pro 96 :)