New to the BCD396XT scanner

  • HARLEYTAT2S
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
      Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.

      thank you in advance.

      - Peter
    • Brian Smithson
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
        HI Peter!

        Welcome!

        Sign up for www.radioreference.com and use one of the programming packages
        that interface with it.

        73!

        -Brian n8wrl

        On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM, HARLEYTAT2S <passion4ever@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and
        > updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.
        >
        > thank you in advance.
        >
        > - Peter

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
          Using what software program ?

          At 07:37 AM 12/1/2012, you wrote:

          >Hello, I just got my BCD396XT and was wondering if anyone have a good and
          >updated file for Saginaw, bay City Michigan area including Genesee county.
          >
          >thank you in advance.
          >
          >- Peter
        • Guy Teague
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
            if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
            file for import into your programming application. and many programming
            apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
            your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
            and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.

            /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

          • HARLEYTAT2S
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
              Brian you rock, i will buy arc now since i already have rr account, will basic be enough or should i get pro while i'm at it?

              thank you again

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Guy Teague <accts@...> wrote:

              > if you join radioreference.com, then you can save off the data as a csv
              > file for import into your programming application. and many programming
              > apps such as arc-xt will import the pages from rr.com for you directly to
              > your radio. i could never have programmed a single trunk system without it
              > and i'm pretty savvy with radio programming.
              >
              > /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

            • JAN FINE
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
                With FreeScan you can also import from www.radioreference.com.
              • Manny Gonzalez
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2012
                  FreeSCAN is, well, free, and it supports RR db directly as well... terrific
                  program

                  --
                  Manny Gonzalez

                • HARLEYTAT2S
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Thank you all for the answers, I went with ARC and got my BC all set...cake and i love it, much better than my old RS Pro 96 :)