Re: [BCD396XT] Need Bluetooth Adapter

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
      Maybe contact the seller and see what they say.

      If I recall correctly, the A2DP profile allows your headset to connect
      to more than one device at the same time. For example, I have mine
      paired to both my phone and scanner adapter, so when I get a call it
      switches to the phone. (a very nice feature)

      Joe M.

      Clark Rennie wrote:
      > A follow up on this topic.
      > I ordered and received a BTT005 but it will not pair with my Jabra BT125
      > headset.
      > It might be because I don't think the BT125 is a A2DP profile and the
      > manual for the BTT005 states that it supports A2DP profile.
      > I don't know if that means A2DP only or what.
      >
      > I also ordered and received a refurbished Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter and
      > it works perfectly with my BT125.
      >
      > Clark
      >

      > At 01:12 AM 11/9/2012, you wrote:
      >
      >> Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
      >> the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
      >> be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.
      >>
      >> I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
      >> the right plug on it.
      >>
      >> There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
      >> Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
      >> adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).
      >>
      >> Joe M.
      >>
      >> MCH wrote:
      >>> I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
      >>> look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
      >>> had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
      >>>
      >>> Joe M.

      >> is no

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
        The BTT005 will only pair with a A2DP device. I found a Jabra A530 (with
        A2DP Profile) that I had and the BTT005 did pair perfectly with it.
        So, if you're planning on using this adapter with your scanner, make sure
        your Bluetooth headset has A2DP technology.

        Clark