NAC

  • glg-swl7687@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
      Hello,

      How do I turn on the NAC decode setting?

      Thanks,

      Greg
    • David
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
        P25 NAC Option (P25-1Tr only) allows you to have the scanner search for NAC codes or you can program a specific code for the system.
        Scroll to 'P25 NAC Option' and press E/yes.
        Scroll to one of two settings and press E/yes.
        Search- The scanner opens squelch for any digital signal and displays the NAC being used.
        Set P25 NAC- The scanner opens squelch only for signals that include the programmed NAC.
        At 'Input P25 NAC' see Entering Text

        <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#program moto system>

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 10, 2012
          Program the channel as digital and set the audio option to
          NAC SEARCH or the specific NAC code you want to hear.

          Joe M.

          glg-swl7687@... wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > How do I turn on the NAC decode setting?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Greg

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 9, 2013
            Maine has a Sheriff's Dept. listed under York County that uses VHF High Band frequencies. It appears to be a conventional system with possibly one exception... One of the frequencies listed uses a NAC type of PL. My question is does this frequency need to be programmed as a single channel trunked system? Or do I just plug in the NAC code under the column provided in my Butel ARCXT PRO software under a conventional system along with the rest of the conventional frequencies? I do not live in the area, only visiting a couple of times a year and won't be back until next summer. I just like to have my 396XT programmed before I leave home instead of waiting until I arrive. I then either verify that RADIOREFERENCE data is good, (provided I didn't make a programming mistake) or its in need of a correction notification consideration. But my question is general in nature... The fact that the software allows for a seperate heading for NAC, instead of grouping it in with the CTCSS and Digital Codes causes the concern. For some reason NAC is not treated in the same fashion.

            Bill
          • kirkfdny23
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 10, 2013

               Hi Bill...

              Niagara Falls Ontario Fire has the same sort of set up..

              Enter it as a CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM...enter the Freq 15X.XXXX...then go to SET AUDIO TYPE..choose DIGITAL ONLY..then SET P25 NAC..& enter the NAC code and you are all set.  I noticed a Sheriff's P25 chanel...York FD & Kittery FD both have Tac P25 chans. & Biddeford PD & FD too have P25 chans.  I am wondering if this is for INTER-Op Comms with N.H. Rockingham Depts?

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

            • blastdad51

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013

                    Www.radio reference.com

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013
                      That's just one place, and not always the best for race frequencies, there are better choices in this case.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013

                        Race officials do NOT use NexTel, they are TRBO.

                        /\/\|k.e