Re: [BCD396XT] Need Bluetooth Adapter

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
      Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
      the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
      be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.

      I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
      the right plug on it.

      There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
      Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
      adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).

      Joe M.

      MCH wrote:
      > I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
      > look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
      > had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > Clark Rennie wrote:
      >> My Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter no longer works (battery , etc. ) and is no
      >> longer available nor is the Jabra A120S.
      >> Any suggestion for a replacement adapter with either a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug.
      >> I use this with Bluetooth ear piece when in a crowd.
      >>
      >> Clark

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
        Thanks Joe,
        I had found and ordered a refurbished (warranted) Jabra A210 $29.95. I'll
        see if it's working when it arrives.
        I know my ear piece works with that one and I have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter.

        Clark

        At 01:12 AM 11/9/2012, you wrote:

        >Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
        >the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
        >be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.
        >
        >I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
        >the right plug on it.
        >
        >There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
        >Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
        >adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).
        >
        >Joe M.
        >
        >MCH wrote:
        > > I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
        > > look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
        > > had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
        > >
        > > Joe M.
        > >
        > > Clark Rennie wrote:
        > >> My Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter no longer works (battery , etc. ) and
        > is no
        > >> longer available nor is the Jabra A120S.
        > >> Any suggestion for a replacement adapter with either a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug.
        > >> I use this with Bluetooth ear piece when in a crowd.
        > >>
        > >> Clark
      • sffdmedicwanttobe
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
          I had used cheap transmitter from eBay and it only lasted maybe 4 hours at the most. Please let us know how long these other transmitters and ear pieces last.
        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
            A follow up on this topic.
            I ordered and received a BTT005 but it will not pair with my Jabra BT125
            headset.
            It might be because I don't think the BT125 is a A2DP profile and the
            manual for the BTT005 states that it supports A2DP profile.
            I don't know if that means A2DP only or what.

            I also ordered and received a refurbished Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter and
            it works perfectly with my BT125.

            Clark

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
              Maybe contact the seller and see what they say.

              If I recall correctly, the A2DP profile allows your headset to connect
              to more than one device at the same time. For example, I have mine
              paired to both my phone and scanner adapter, so when I get a call it
              switches to the phone. (a very nice feature)

              Joe M.

              Clark Rennie wrote:
              > A follow up on this topic.
              > I ordered and received a BTT005 but it will not pair with my Jabra BT125
              > headset.
              > It might be because I don't think the BT125 is a A2DP profile and the
              > manual for the BTT005 states that it supports A2DP profile.
              > I don't know if that means A2DP only or what.
              >
              > I also ordered and received a refurbished Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter and
              > it works perfectly with my BT125.
              >
              > Clark
              >

              > At 01:12 AM 11/9/2012, you wrote:
              >
              >> Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
              >> the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
              >> be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.
              >>
              >> I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
              >> the right plug on it.
              >>
              >> There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
              >> Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
              >> adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).
              >>
              >> Joe M.
              >>
              >> MCH wrote:
              >>> I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
              >>> look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
              >>> had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
              >>>
              >>> Joe M.

              >> is no

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
                The BTT005 will only pair with a A2DP device. I found a Jabra A530 (with
                A2DP Profile) that I had and the BTT005 did pair perfectly with it.
                So, if you're planning on using this adapter with your scanner, make sure
                your Bluetooth headset has A2DP technology.

                Clark