Re: [BCD396XT] Need Bluetooth Adapter

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
      I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
      look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
      had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).

      Joe M.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
        Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
        the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
        be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.

        I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
        the right plug on it.

        There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
        Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
        adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).

        Joe M.

        MCH wrote:
        > I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
        > look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
        > had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > Clark Rennie wrote:
        >> My Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter no longer works (battery , etc. ) and is no
        >> longer available nor is the Jabra A120S.
        >> Any suggestion for a replacement adapter with either a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug.
        >> I use this with Bluetooth ear piece when in a crowd.
        >>
        >> Clark

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
          Thanks Joe,
          I had found and ordered a refurbished (warranted) Jabra A210 $29.95. I'll
          see if it's working when it arrives.
          I know my ear piece works with that one and I have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter.

          Clark

          At 01:12 AM 11/9/2012, you wrote:

          >Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
          >the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
          >be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.
          >
          >I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
          >the right plug on it.
          >
          >There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
          >Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
          >adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).
          >
          >Joe M.
          >
          >MCH wrote:
          > > I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
          > > look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
          > > had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
          > >
          > > Joe M.
          > >
          > > Clark Rennie wrote:
          > >> My Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter no longer works (battery , etc. ) and
          > is no
          > >> longer available nor is the Jabra A120S.
          > >> Any suggestion for a replacement adapter with either a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug.
          > >> I use this with Bluetooth ear piece when in a crowd.
          > >>
          > >> Clark
        • sffdmedicwanttobe
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
            I had used cheap transmitter from eBay and it only lasted maybe 4 hours at the most. Please let us know how long these other transmitters and ear pieces last.
          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
              A follow up on this topic.
              I ordered and received a BTT005 but it will not pair with my Jabra BT125
              headset.
              It might be because I don't think the BT125 is a A2DP profile and the
              manual for the BTT005 states that it supports A2DP profile.
              I don't know if that means A2DP only or what.

              I also ordered and received a refurbished Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter and
              it works perfectly with my BT125.

              Clark

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
                Maybe contact the seller and see what they say.

                If I recall correctly, the A2DP profile allows your headset to connect
                to more than one device at the same time. For example, I have mine
                paired to both my phone and scanner adapter, so when I get a call it
                switches to the phone. (a very nice feature)

                Joe M.

                Clark Rennie wrote:
                > A follow up on this topic.
                > I ordered and received a BTT005 but it will not pair with my Jabra BT125
                > headset.
                > It might be because I don't think the BT125 is a A2DP profile and the
                > manual for the BTT005 states that it supports A2DP profile.
                > I don't know if that means A2DP only or what.
                >
                > I also ordered and received a refurbished Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter and
                > it works perfectly with my BT125.
                >
                > Clark
                >

                > At 01:12 AM 11/9/2012, you wrote:
                >
                >> Not as cheap as others, but the BTT005 looks pretty small - maybe half
                >> the size of the A120S (about the same size, but half as thin). Looks to
                >> be in the $25-35 shipped range on eBay.
                >>
                >> I haven't tried these, so I can't say how well they work, but it's got
                >> the right plug on it.
                >>
                >> There are other units that are around $10 shipped, but they look larger.
                >> Still, that should work. for those, search on the terms "bluetooth
                >> adapter 3.5 -usb" (minus the quotes, of course).
                >>
                >> Joe M.
                >>
                >> MCH wrote:
                >>> I noticed some cheap BT adapters on eBay earlier this week. I didn't
                >>> look too hard since I am currently not in need of any, but I noticed it
                >>> had the correct size plug for the 396 (3.5mm).
                >>>
                >>> Joe M.

                >> is no

              • Clark Rennie
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
                  The BTT005 will only pair with a A2DP device. I found a Jabra A530 (with
                  A2DP Profile) that I had and the BTT005 did pair perfectly with it.
                  So, if you're planning on using this adapter with your scanner, make sure
                  your Bluetooth headset has A2DP technology.

                  Clark