GRE Chinese Manufacturing Suspended

  • w7up
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24 12:32 PM
      GRE America Inc. Press Release
      Posted By: GRE Support Team On: 23 Oct 2012 04:38 PM
      Details GRE Official Announcement 10/23/2012

      October 23, 2012

      To our valued Dealers and Customers,

      Due to circumstances beyond its control, General Research of Electronics
      of Japan (GRE)
      is temporarily not able to manufacture the GRECOM and Radio Shack
      branded radio scanners.

      The Chinese Government’s plan to redevelop the area where the GRE
      factory had been in
      operation for over ten years finally forced its closure. Anticipating
      this eventuality,
      GRE was in the process of building a new factory but unfortunately the
      cost of raw materials,
      labor and increased taxes created a heavy financial investment burden
      that could not be
      effectively recovered.

      GRE America continues to market, support and service the GRECOM branded
      scanners and is
      contractually committed to keep the Library Database updated and
      current. GRE America
      will continue to market, service and support Alinco’s radio
      products without any interruption.

      We sincerely apologize for this unfortunate turn of events. GRE is
      proceeding to establish
      a contract with a new factory and believes it will be able to restart
      the manufacturing in
      the near future.

      For continued sales, service and support, please contact the GRE America

      Raj Gounder
      Director of sales
      GRE America, Inc.