Other option

  • Lance Star
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
      Alex,
      If I could source the right angle connector with a long lead on it, I could solder it in placeof the current wire lead off the cigarette lighter plug...
      -Lance

    • Alex
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
        Both Digikey and Mouser sell this configuration which is what I purchased. It's a molded connector with bare leads on the other end. The wire is somewhere between 6 and 10 feet long so you have plenty of options. When you use the catalog search features of either site you should come across them pretty quickly.

        Digikey's search is under the Product Index where you then select the product category and subcategory -- in this case Connectors, Barrel - Power should get you started and will eventually show you the filter list. Mouser's search starts by selecting the large categories on their main page -- I think "Connectors" and then "DC Power Connectors" will give you bare connectors while "Wire and Cable" and then "Cable Assemblies" will get you the molded connectors with wire and the filter list, too.