Re: Pin Plug Additional...

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance Star <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

      > Looks like the slight play in the way the plug feels once seated in the radio is due to the  EIAJ TYPE-II jack has an O.D. of 4.4mm, while the plug (Adaptaplug "B") from Radio Shack is spec'd at 4.0mm, so 4 tenths of a millimeter in difference...
      > Anyone know where I can source the plugs Uniden uses?
      > Thanks,
      > -Lance

      If you don't mind cutting the cord and splicing a whole new connector on there then go to Digikey or Mouser. They have the proper sized barrel connector in both straight and right angle configurations.

      I made my own 12 volt adapter and bought a cord from Digikey (Mouser has the same ones, too) that had a molded, right angle connector on the end. Works fine, no loose connections.
    • Lance Star
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
        Alex,
        I was thinking of doing that.  Radio Shack's connector series has a loose spec from what I read on Wikipedia.
        Do you have part numbers from mouser and digikey?  That would be helpful.
        Thanks again,
        -Lance

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
          I don't have the part numbers but both sites have good search engines that filter by specification so you'll be able to find the parts pretty easily.