Still having P25 trouble

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
      Ok, I'm still having trouble getting reliable decodes on P25 even when I'm in close range of the transmitter. The transmissions break up frequently no matter the antenna.

      But, here's another interesting thing I noticed. If I turn on the radio normally, I have trouble with the P25 decoding. If I turn it on using Hold+power (which activates the hidden P25 menu items), decoding improves a bit. Was that supposed to be a feature of the updated firmware or is it supposed to use the hidden menu settings at all times regardless of power up mode?
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
        What mode are you using for it?

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
          Mode as in modulation or something else?

          The systems are programmed to use NFM Digital audio only (not auto). I suppose I could try to use the wider FM mode.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
            Exactly my suggestion. They may not be using NFM mode. Try FM.

            Joe M.