Re: [BCD396XT] Pin Plug Diameter...

  • Gary Rogalski
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012
      uhh... you get what you pay for?

      GMAN
      _____________________________________

      From: Lance Star <milcom_chaser@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 4:04 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Pin Plug Diameter...

      I was at Radio Shack, and noticed they had a Enercell Car Power Adapter on clearance for $4.97.  Part #273-368.
      It's rated at 6VDC@1000ma.  I also got a right angle Adaptaplug Tip "B" series.  It's specs are:

      4.00mm O.D.
      1.7mm I.D.

      When you buy the Car Power adapter, you get an Adaptaplug tip included in the price.  Part # 273-335
      That's saved $6.95.  So this made the whole setup real attractive for $5.38 total.

      I noticed when I seated the tip plug into the radio there is a slight bit of play, compared to the plug that comes
      furnished with the Uniden AC Adapter...

      I haven't check the specs on the Uniden plug, but this made me wonder if the plug is unique...

      -Lance

    • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
        At 07:04 AM 10/20/2012, you wrote:

        >I was at Radio Shack, and noticed they had a Enercell Car Power
        >Adapter on clearance for $4.97. Part #273-368.
        >It's rated at 6VDC@1000ma. I also got a right angle Adaptaplug Tip
        >"B" series. It's specs are:
        >
        >4.00mm O.D.
        >1.7mm I.D.
        >
        >When you buy the Car Power adapter, you get an Adaptaplug tip
        >included in the price. Part # 273-335
        >That's saved $6.95. So this made the whole setup real attractive
        >for $5.38 total.
        >
        >I noticed when I seated the tip plug into the radio there is a
        >slight bit of play, compared to the plug that comes
        >furnished with the Uniden AC Adapter...
        >
        >I haven't check the specs on the Uniden plug, but this made me
        >wonder if the plug is unique...

        Well, I bought a DC regulator, so I could run my scanner. None of
        the plugs available will fit the 396XT. :(

        73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
        http://vkradio.com
      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
          I find the Sony Yellow plug works for me.