Pin Plug Diameter...

  • Lance Star
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012
      I was at Radio Shack, and noticed they had a Enercell Car Power Adapter on clearance for $4.97.  Part #273-368.
      It's rated at 6VDC@1000ma.  I also got a right angle Adaptaplug Tip "B" series.  It's specs are:

      4.00mm O.D.
      1.7mm I.D.

      When you buy the Car Power adapter, you get an Adaptaplug tip included in the price.  Part # 273-335
      That's saved $6.95.  So this made the whole setup real attractive for $5.38 total.

      I noticed when I seated the tip plug into the radio there is a slight bit of play, compared to the plug that comes
      furnished with the Uniden AC Adapter...

      I haven't check the specs on the Uniden plug, but this made me wonder if the plug is unique...

      -Lance

    • Gary Rogalski
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012
        uhh... you get what you pay for?

        GMAN
        _____________________________________

        I was at Radio Shack, and noticed they had a Enercell Car Power Adapter on clearance for $4.97.  Part #273-368.
        It's rated at 6VDC@1000ma.  I also got a right angle Adaptaplug Tip "B" series.  It's specs are:

        4.00mm O.D.
        1.7mm I.D.

        When you buy the Car Power adapter, you get an Adaptaplug tip included in the price.  Part # 273-335
        That's saved $6.95.  So this made the whole setup real attractive for $5.38 total.

        I noticed when I seated the tip plug into the radio there is a slight bit of play, compared to the plug that comes
        furnished with the Uniden AC Adapter...

        I haven't check the specs on the Uniden plug, but this made me wonder if the plug is unique...

        -Lance

      • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
          At 07:04 AM 10/20/2012, you wrote:

          >I was at Radio Shack, and noticed they had a Enercell Car Power
          >Adapter on clearance for $4.97. Part #273-368.
          >It's rated at 6VDC@1000ma. I also got a right angle Adaptaplug Tip
          >"B" series. It's specs are:
          >
          >4.00mm O.D.
          >1.7mm I.D.
          >
          >When you buy the Car Power adapter, you get an Adaptaplug tip
          >included in the price. Part # 273-335
          >That's saved $6.95. So this made the whole setup real attractive
          >for $5.38 total.
          >
          >I noticed when I seated the tip plug into the radio there is a
          >slight bit of play, compared to the plug that comes
          >furnished with the Uniden AC Adapter...
          >
          >I haven't check the specs on the Uniden plug, but this made me
          >wonder if the plug is unique...

          Well, I bought a DC regulator, so I could run my scanner. None of
          the plugs available will fit the 396XT. :(

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
        • David Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 20, 2012
            I find the Sony Yellow plug works for me.