Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 18, 2012
      That information is always available at http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.html.

      1.10.00

      UpMan

      >________________________________

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 18, 2012
        Go here
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate

        Clark

        At 08:21 AM 10/18/2012, you wrote:

        >Anyone know what the current firmware version is for the BCD396XT??
        >
        >Thanks

      • Bruce
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 14, 2013
          Hello to all I'm new at this group and also new to the BCD396XT still trying to figure out on my own how it all work .but I have a question I did learn how to update the new firmware But my question is

          What does the new update do that the 1.10 didnt ?
        • David Johnson
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 14, 2013
            I just purchased a 996XT to complement my 396XT.

            As a first step, I went to the Uniden web site to download the latest firmware. It isn't there. The support web site is pathetic with the 396XT and 996XT not even listed on the downloads page.

            Does anyone have a link to the 996XT firmware page please?
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 15, 2013
              Improves P25 reception on LSM systems.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 15, 2013
                I'm not sure if there have been any updates to the 996XT.

                Although there is a chance there will be one similar
                to the 396XT update that was released recently.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 15, 2013
                  Go here
                  http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD996XTFirmwareUpdate

                  Clark

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 16, 2013
                    Go here

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 16, 2013
                      Thanks Clark.

                      >I just purchased a 996XT to complement my 396XT.
                      >
                      >As a first step, I went to the Uniden web site to download the latest
                      >firmware. It isn't there. The support web site is pathetic with the
                      >396XT and 996XT not even listed on the downloads page.
                      >
                      >Does anyone have a link to the 996XT firmware page please?

                    • N1CHU
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 23, 2015
                        Bruce,

                        Just because it's been some time since an update has been posted it doesn't mean they no longer support it. It just may be true they are not or there may not be anything important enough to warrant an update. In any case, even if your radio has updates available, there is nothing to say they must be installed. The old adage "If it ain't broken don't fix it" may apply. But there is a flip side to this... Installing the updates will keep the radio current, eliminating one possible cause when there are questions that are posted here.

                        I haven't installed any updates in my BCD396XT in quite some time and frankly don't even know what version I have. The radio is doing what is expected so even checking the version is not a priority with me. If you are satisfied with the radio as is, then fine. Not having seen updates should not compel anyone to think its time to get the newest model. Not solely by itself anyway.

                        If concerned about bricking, and you are satisfied with the radio as is, enjoy it. The updates will always be there for you if you change your mind.

                        Bill
                      • Bruce
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 23, 2015
                          I've bricked two things in my life.  A Internet radio and a DSL router.  It was very had to find information on how to unbrick them.  Once found, it was easy to do.  At my job, I had to unbrick Cisco routers.  We never know how they bricked to begin with.  These were ones with SD memory cards.  I kept a image of the memory card on my laptop.  It was just easier and faster then doing it through a command prompt and serial cable on my laptop to the router.

                          Yes, I firmly believe in the adage, if it isn't broken, don’t fix it.

                          Bruce