Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Error in Uniden Description ?

Expand Messages
  • Clark Rennie
    I just was on this Uniden web site http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included Location-Based Scanning . That
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 11, 2012
      I just was on this Uniden web site
      http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k
      and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based
      Scanning".
      That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the
      BCD396XT, but is a
      feature of the BCD996XT.

      Clark


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • David Johnson
      The 396XT is capable of connecting to an external GPS, therefore that description sounds accurate to me. Sent from my iPhone
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 11, 2012
        The 396XT is capable of connecting to an external GPS, therefore that
        description sounds accurate to me.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 12/09/2012, at 7:31, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

        > I just was on this Uniden web site
        > http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k
        > and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based
        > Scanning".
        > That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the
        > BCD396XT, but is a
        > feature of the BCD996XT.
        >
        > Clark
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
        >
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
      • Yuni T. Runker
        It might also refer to this: http://forums.radioreference.com/1811763-post4.html ... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 11, 2012
          It might also refer to this:

          http://forums.radioreference.com/1811763-post4.html

          On Sep 11, 2012, at 4:31 PM, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

          > I just was on this Uniden web site http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based Scanning". That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the BCD396XT, but is a feature of the BCD996XT.


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • mygroups2007@comcast.net
          Really? I d sure like to know what mine has been doing then when I connect a GPS to it and it turns on and off systems as I enter and leave their programmed
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 11, 2012
            Really? I'd sure like to know what mine has been doing then when I connect a GPS to it and it turns on and off systems as I enter and leave their programmed areas...... ;-)


            Ron in Eugene


            ----- Original Message -----
            From: "Clark Rennie" <c.rennie1@...>
            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:31:45 PM
            Subject: [BCD396XT] Error in Uniden Description ?

            I just was on this Uniden web site
            http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k
            and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based
            Scanning".
            That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the
            BCD396XT, but is a
            feature of the BCD996XT.

            Clark


            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



            ------------------------------------

            Yahoo! Groups Links





            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Clark Rennie
            As several have replied, I am obvioulsy wrong. Not the first time. Clark
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 11, 2012
              As several have replied, I am obvioulsy wrong. Not the first time.

              Clark

              At 03:42 PM 9/11/2012, you wrote:

              >Really? I'd sure like to know what mine has been doing then when I connect
              >a GPS to it and it turns on and off systems as I enter and leave their
              >programmed areas...... ;-)
              >
              >
              >Ron in Eugene
              >
              >
              >----- Original Message -----
              >From: "Clark Rennie" <c.rennie1@...>
              >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
              >Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:31:45 PM
              >Subject: [BCD396XT] Error in Uniden Description ?
              >
              >I just was on this Uniden web site
              >http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k
              >and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based
              >Scanning".
              >That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the
              >BCD396XT, but is a
              >feature of the BCD996XT.
              >
              >Clark
            • KE4JD
              Hey Clark, I wouldn t look at it as being wrong so much as being skeptical because it seems almost too good to be true. I can tell you I WAS skeptical until I
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 12, 2012
                Hey Clark,

                I wouldn't look at it as being wrong so much as being skeptical because it
                seems almost too good to be true.

                I can tell you I WAS skeptical until I tried it with my BCD396XT and I could
                not believe it would ever work so well. It worked so well in fact I nearly
                wore out the data cable connector trying to use it on my belt with a Garmin
                60csx on one side and the scanner on the other. You see I live in a state
                where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.

                The best way to learn is to ask so hook up that GPS and have a go at. You'll
                be impressed. Just review UPMan's comments on this thread to keep things in
                perspective and you just may be amazed too.

                Don, KE4JD

                _____

                From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                Of Clark Rennie
                Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:23 PM
                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Error in Uniden Description ?




                As several have replied, I am obvioulsy wrong. Not the first time.

                Clark

                At 03:42 PM 9/11/2012, you wrote:

                >Really? I'd sure like to know what mine has been doing then when I connect
                >a GPS to it and it turns on and off systems as I enter and leave their
                >programmed areas...... ;-)
                >
                >
                >Ron in Eugene
                >
                >
                >----- Original Message -----
                >From: "Clark Rennie" <c.rennie1@...
                <mailto:c.rennie1%40verizon.net> >
                >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                >Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:31:45 PM
                >Subject: [BCD396XT] Error in Uniden Description ?
                >
                >I just was on this Uniden web site
                >http://tinyurl.com/7lz5l6k
                >and noticed that the description for the BCD396XT included "Location-Based
                >Scanning".
                >That probably means using a GPS device and that feature is not on the
                >BCD396XT, but is a
                >feature of the BCD996XT.
                >
                >Clark






                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • Alex
                Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I ll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don t need to go there). ...
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 12, 2012
                  Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                  >
                  You see I live in a state
                  > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                  > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                  > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                • MCH
                  Yep. Some states are ridiculous that way. Add Florida, too. You cannot transport a scanner in Florida or use one in a public place. Technically, you cannot
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 12, 2012
                    Yep. Some states are ridiculous that way. Add Florida, too. You cannot
                    transport a scanner in Florida or use one in a public place.
                    Technically, you cannot even have one delivered by UPS or FedEx
                    according to how the law is written. Of course, in those cases the
                    delivery company is in violation, not you.

                    If there is an exemption for hams in KY, they should not be able to
                    confiscate the scanner if confiscation is allowed by the law. An
                    exemption is an exemption - period.

                    Joe M.

                    Alex wrote:
                    > Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                    >
                    > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                    > You see I live in a state
                    >> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                    >> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                    >> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > ------------------------------------
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    >
                    >
                    > No virus found in this incoming message.
                    > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
                    > Version: 9.0.930 / Virus Database: 2437.1.1/5264 - Release Date: 09/12/12 02:34:00
                    >
                  • JOHN PRICE
                    Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.    Thanks   John ________________________________ From: Alex To:
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                      Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners. 
                       
                      Thanks
                       
                      John


                      ________________________________
                      From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                      Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?



                       

                      Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).

                      --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                      >
                      You see I live in a state
                      > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                      > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                      > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.




                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    • Rick
                      Hi buddy! There is a law for scanners in florida? I did not know that , I was just down there for 2 weeks and carried mine everywhere and nobody said anything
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                        Hi buddy! There is a law for scanners in florida? I did not know that , I was just down there for 2 weeks and carried mine everywhere and nobody said anything I guess I got lucky , so that must be the reason the highway patrol is rncrypted. Lol

                        Sent from my iPhone 4s
                        Rick Kulmann

                        On Sep 13, 2012, at 2:00 AM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

                        > Yep. Some states are ridiculous that way. Add Florida, too. You cannot
                        > transport a scanner in Florida or use one in a public place.
                        > Technically, you cannot even have one delivered by UPS or FedEx
                        > according to how the law is written. Of course, in those cases the
                        > delivery company is in violation, not you.
                        >
                        > If there is an exemption for hams in KY, they should not be able to
                        > confiscate the scanner if confiscation is allowed by the law. An
                        > exemption is an exemption - period.
                        >
                        > Joe M.
                        >
                        > Alex wrote:
                        > > Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                        > >
                        > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                        > > You see I live in a state
                        > >> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                        > >> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                        > >> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > ------------------------------------
                        > >
                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > ----------------------------------------------------------
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > No virus found in this incoming message.
                        > > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
                        > > Version: 9.0.930 / Virus Database: 2437.1.1/5264 - Release Date: 09/12/12 02:34:00
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >

                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      • Paul Opitz
                        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scanner+laws ________________________________ From: JOHN PRICE To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scanner+laws




                          ________________________________
                          From: JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...>
                          To: "BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                          Sent: Thu, September 13, 2012 8:28:15 AM
                          Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?

                           
                          Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners. 
                           
                          Thanks
                           
                          John


                          ________________________________
                          From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                          Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                          Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?


                           

                          Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So
                          I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).

                          --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                          >
                          You see I live in a state
                          > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                          > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                          > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.

                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


                          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scanner+laws

                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                        • dataman60435
                          Do the RadioShack stores still sell scanners in the forbidden states??....
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                            Do the RadioShack stores still sell scanners in the forbidden states??....

                            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scanner+laws
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            > ________________________________
                            > From: JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...>
                            > To: "BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                            > Sent: Thu, September 13, 2012 8:28:15 AM
                            > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                            >
                            >  
                            > Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners. 
                            >  
                            > Thanks
                            >  
                            > John
                            >
                            >
                            > ________________________________
                            > From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                            > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                            > Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                            > Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                            >
                            >
                            >  
                            >
                            > Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So
                            > I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                            >
                            > --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > You see I live in a state
                            > > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                            > > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                            > > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                            >
                            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                            >
                            >
                            > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scanner+laws
                            >
                            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                            >
                          • Don
                            http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                              http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/


                              On 9/13/2012 6:29 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
                              > Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.
                              >
                              > Thanks
                              >
                              > John
                              >
                              >
                              > ________________________________
                              > From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                              > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                              > Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                              > Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                              >
                              > --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                              > You see I live in a state
                              >> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                              >> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                              >> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > ------------------------------------
                              >
                              > Yahoo! Groups Links
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                            • James F. Boehner, MD
                              Google is your friend! http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/ Note: Scanner aps on phones may (and probably are) illegal in states that ban use of scanners in
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                Google is your friend!

                                http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/

                                Note: Scanner aps on phones may (and probably are) illegal in states that ban use of scanners in motor vehicles

                                The FCC has granted a federal exemption to amateur radio operators for the use of AMATEUR RADIO units that can receive outside the ham bands. Scanners are generally not covered by this exemption.

                                In any case, "low profile" is also your friend!

                                '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                                -----Original Message-----
                                From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JOHN PRICE
                                Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:29 AM
                                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?

                                Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.

                                Thanks

                                John


                                ________________________________
                                From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                                Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?





                                Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).

                                --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                                >
                                You see I live in a state
                                > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                                > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.




                                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



                                ------------------------------------

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Alex
                                Well I can t add Florida since I live there. :) But Florida s law is vehicle only and not scanner possession in general (such as carrying it around,
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                  Well I can't add Florida since I live there. :)

                                  But Florida's law is vehicle only and not scanner possession in general (such as carrying it around, fortunately) and there's no confiscation, only a fine. Public use in Florida is ok as far as I've been able to understand since the law only makes mention of vehicles. I've used mine in public frequently with no problems. More specifically, the scanner had to be connected to the vehicle as determined and clarified by the Florida Attorney General. A handheld sitting on the seat not attached to the vehicle in any way does not violate the law. That clarification eliminates the issue of USPS/UPS/FedEx being liable and also allows people to transport a scanner to events or locations(Daytona 500, the beach, etc.) where it can again be used on a person.

                                  From the description for KY it seems that simply having one period was just out of the question or watch it get smashed to pieces. New York makes it restrictive to have just about anything that can receive other than a regular TV or commercial 88-108 FM radio but then again New York is just restrictive on everything.

                                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Yep. Some states are ridiculous that way. Add Florida, too. You cannot
                                  > transport a scanner in Florida or use one in a public place.
                                  > Technically, you cannot even have one delivered by UPS or FedEx
                                  > according to how the law is written. Of course, in those cases the
                                  > delivery company is in violation, not you.
                                  >
                                  > If there is an exemption for hams in KY, they should not be able to
                                  > confiscate the scanner if confiscation is allowed by the law. An
                                  > exemption is an exemption - period.
                                  >
                                  > Joe M.
                                  >
                                  > Alex wrote:
                                  > > Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@> wrote:
                                  > > You see I live in a state
                                  > >> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                  > >> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                                  > >> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > > ------------------------------------
                                  > >
                                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > > No virus found in this incoming message.
                                  > > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
                                  > > Version: 9.0.930 / Virus Database: 2437.1.1/5264 - Release Date: 09/12/12 02:34:00
                                  > >
                                  >
                                • MCH
                                  I was slightly incorrect. The law does not specify public places - it specifies business establishment (easy to confuse, as most businesses are open to the
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                    I was slightly incorrect. The law does not specify "public places" - it
                                    specifies "business establishment" (easy to confuse, as most businesses
                                    are open to the public).

                                    There is an opinion of the FL Attorney General that portable scanners
                                    are not included in the definition of "installed", but the law also
                                    excludes the transportation of scanners in vehicles, so there is a
                                    conflict there.

                                    In short, the law says "A person, firm, or corporation may not install
                                    or transport in any motor vehicle or business establishment"...
                                    (anything that can receive police or fire frequencies).

                                    So, while you can use your scanner in a public place, you have to walk
                                    there, I guess, as the law precludes transportation in a vehicle. And
                                    you can't go into any businesses. For all practical purposes, they made
                                    scanners illegal except in your own home.

                                    Now, are there people who are going to install and transport scanners
                                    anyway? Of course. It's just a matter of how much risk you want to
                                    accept. As I said before, even UPS and FedEx break the law when
                                    transporting scanners for delivery.

                                    Joe M.

                                    Alex wrote:
                                    > Well I can't add Florida since I live there. :)
                                    >
                                    > But Florida's law is vehicle only and not scanner possession in general (such as carrying it around, fortunately) and there's no confiscation, only a fine. Public use in Florida is ok as far as I've been able to understand since the law only makes mention of vehicles. I've used mine in public frequently with no problems. More specifically, the scanner had to be connected to the vehicle as determined and clarified by the Florida Attorney General. A handheld sitting on the seat not attached to the vehicle in any way does not violate the law. That clarification eliminates the issue of USPS/UPS/FedEx being liable and also allows people to transport a scanner to events or locations(Daytona 500, the beach, etc.) where it can again be used on a person.
                                    >
                                    >>From the description for KY it seems that simply having one period was just out of the question or watch it get smashed to pieces. New York makes it restrictive to have just about anything that can receive other than a regular TV or commercial 88-108 FM radio but then again New York is just restrictive on everything.
                                    >
                                    > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
                                    >> Yep. Some states are ridiculous that way. Add Florida, too. You cannot
                                    >> transport a scanner in Florida or use one in a public place.
                                    >> Technically, you cannot even have one delivered by UPS or FedEx
                                    >> according to how the law is written. Of course, in those cases the
                                    >> delivery company is in violation, not you.
                                    >>
                                    >> If there is an exemption for hams in KY, they should not be able to
                                    >> confiscate the scanner if confiscation is allowed by the law. An
                                    >> exemption is an exemption - period.
                                    >>
                                    >> Joe M.
                                    >>
                                    >> Alex wrote:
                                    >>> Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                                    >>>
                                    >>> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@> wrote:
                                    >>> You see I live in a state
                                    >>>> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                    >>>> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                                    >>>> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>> ------------------------------------
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    >>>
                                    >>>
                                    >>> No virus found in this incoming message.
                                    >>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
                                    >>> Version: 9.0.930 / Virus Database: 2437.1.1/5264 - Release Date: 09/12/12 02:34:00
                                    >>>
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > ------------------------------------
                                    >
                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                  • MCH
                                    That s one of the better sites for such info, and has been for years. Joe M.
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                      That's one of the better sites for such info, and has been for years.

                                      Joe M.

                                      Don wrote:
                                      > http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > On 9/13/2012 6:29 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
                                      >> Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.
                                      >>
                                      >> Thanks
                                      >>
                                      >> John
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >> ________________________________
                                      >> From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                                      >> To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                      >> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                                      >> Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >> Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need to go there).
                                      >>
                                      >> --- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                                      >> You see I live in a state
                                      >>> where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                      >>> written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and then ask
                                      >>> me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >> ------------------------------------
                                      >>
                                      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >>
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > ------------------------------------
                                      >
                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                    • Clark Rennie
                                      Somehow this thread no longer has anything to do with the Subject Header which I admitted was wrong information. Now the thread has been hijacked as to the
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                        Somehow this thread no longer has anything to do with the Subject Header
                                        which I admitted was wrong information.
                                        Now the thread has been hijacked as to the legality of scanners in vehicles.
                                        It's really not that difficult to change the Subject.

                                        Clark


                                        At 02:51 PM 9/13/2012, you wrote:

                                        >Google is your friend!
                                        >
                                        >http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/
                                        >
                                        >Note: Scanner aps on phones may (and probably are) illegal in states that
                                        >ban use of scanners in motor vehicles
                                        >
                                        >The FCC has granted a federal exemption to amateur radio operators for the
                                        >use of AMATEUR RADIO units that can receive outside the ham
                                        >bands. Scanners are generally not covered by this exemption.
                                        >
                                        >In any case, "low profile" is also your friend!
                                        >
                                        >'73 de JIM N2ZZ
                                        >
                                        >-----Original Message-----
                                        >From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                                        >Of JOHN PRICE
                                        >Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:29 AM
                                        >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                                        >
                                        >Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.
                                        >
                                        >Thanks
                                        >
                                        >John
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >________________________________
                                        > From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                                        >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                                        >Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to
                                        >Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need
                                        >to go there).
                                        >
                                        >--- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        >You see I live in a state
                                        > > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                        > > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and
                                        > then ask
                                        > > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                                      • Lance
                                        @Clark, I think it s relevant for all of us, and especially considering the investment... Nice to know we are looking out for each other as a community of
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                          @Clark,

                                          I think it's relevant for all of us, and especially considering the investment...

                                          Nice to know we are looking out for each other as a community of scanner owners...


                                          On Sep 13, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

                                          > Somehow this thread no longer has anything to do with the Subject Header
                                          > which I admitted was wrong information.
                                          > Now the thread has been hijacked as to the legality of scanners in vehicles.
                                          > It's really not that difficult to change the Subject.
                                          >
                                          > Clark
                                          >
                                          > At 02:51 PM 9/13/2012, you wrote:
                                          >
                                          > >Google is your friend!
                                          > >
                                          > >http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/
                                          > >
                                          > >Note: Scanner aps on phones may (and probably are) illegal in states that
                                          > >ban use of scanners in motor vehicles
                                          > >
                                          > >The FCC has granted a federal exemption to amateur radio operators for the
                                          > >use of AMATEUR RADIO units that can receive outside the ham
                                          > >bands. Scanners are generally not covered by this exemption.
                                          > >
                                          > >In any case, "low profile" is also your friend!
                                          > >
                                          > >'73 de JIM N2ZZ
                                          > >
                                          > >-----Original Message-----
                                          > >From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                                          > >Of JOHN PRICE
                                          > >Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:29 AM
                                          > >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                          > >Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                                          > >
                                          > >Can someone send me a list of states that outlaw scanners.
                                          > >
                                          > >Thanks
                                          > >
                                          > >John
                                          > >
                                          > >
                                          > >________________________________
                                          > > From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
                                          > >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                          > >Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:03 AM
                                          > >Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?
                                          > >
                                          > >
                                          > >
                                          > >
                                          > >
                                          > >Kentucky outlaws scanners? Wow, good thing I have no need to go to
                                          > >Kentucky. So I'll add Kentucky to the list (same as New York, don't need
                                          > >to go there).
                                          > >
                                          > >--- In mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com, "KE4JD" <ke4jd-1@...> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > >You see I live in a state
                                          > > > where scanners are outlawed and though hams are exempted the way the law is
                                          > > > written they can confiscate the scanner, destroy it on the spot and
                                          > > then ask
                                          > > > me for my ID. I also travel to a city weekly that has a similar ban.
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >


                                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                        • Gail Wisher
                                          Since Oakland moved the problem AT and T and I reloaded the latest changes from  Radio Ref my reception on this p25 increased .   It alsmost sounds like the
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 16, 2012
                                            Since Oakland moved the problem AT and T and I reloaded the latest changes from  Radio Ref my reception on this p25 increased .   It alsmost sounds like the old system.  The 396 XT is following digital and non digital as I also listen to local PD (Alameda) as they have not made the switch yet. It also  is following some handheld to handeld chatter and Dispatch to handheld and especially during street chases.. For a while there I was ready to junk this unit .  



                                            ________________________________
                                             
                                            /  

                                            .




                                            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.