Re: [BCD396XT] Re: system quick keys

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
      For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

      Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
      trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
      instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
      are scanning.

      I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
      compound what you are trying to do.

      Joe M.

      Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
      > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
      >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
      >> how quick keys work.
      >>

      >> ________________________________

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
        Jeffrey,
        Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
        Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
        (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
        Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
        With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

        During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
        the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
        For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
        digits to enable or disable that SQK.

        For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
        quickly press the assigned GQK.