Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

  • chris451 hotmail
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
      What about startup keys, how are these best used?
      Holding 1 on power up for example, and having "startup key" set in a couple of systems, does not seem to change locked out systems,
      unless they are above the first 10 quick keys.
      Say I get a chase going, and I want only 2 systems going in the scanner, startup key doesnt really do that, and priority seems to disable the effect it does have.
      Also what is priority plus vs plus?

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
        what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
          For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

          Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
          trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
          instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
          are scanning.

          I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
          compound what you are trying to do.

          Joe M.

          Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
          > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
          > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
          >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
          >> how quick keys work.
          >>

          >> ________________________________

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
            Jeffrey,
            Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
            Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
            (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
            Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
            With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

            During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
            the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
            For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
            digits to enable or disable that SQK.

            For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
            quickly press the assigned GQK.