Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys | priority and priority plus

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2012
      You're confusing StartUp Keys (what you use at power-up) with System
      Quick Keys (what you use with the scanner running).

      Joe M.

      Chris 451 wrote:

      > When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
      > I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
      > I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
      > I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.
      >
      > Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?
      >

      > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      > From: pmanu44@...
      > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
      > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

      > I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
      >
      > how quick keys work.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • chris451 hotmail
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
        What about startup keys, how are these best used?
        Holding 1 on power up for example, and having "startup key" set in a couple of systems, does not seem to change locked out systems,
        unless they are above the first 10 quick keys.
        Say I get a chase going, and I want only 2 systems going in the scanner, startup key doesnt really do that, and priority seems to disable the effect it does have.
        Also what is priority plus vs plus?

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
          what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
            For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

            Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
            trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
            instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
            are scanning.

            I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
            compound what you are trying to do.

            Joe M.

            Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
            > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
            >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
            >> how quick keys work.
            >>

            >> ________________________________

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
              Jeffrey,
              Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
              Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
              (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
              Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
              With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

              During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
              the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
              For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
              digits to enable or disable that SQK.

              For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
              quickly press the assigned GQK.