RE: [BCD396XT] system quick keys | priority and priority plus

  • Chris 451
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1 10:33 AM
      When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
      I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
      I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
      I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.

      Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: pmanu44@...
      Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

      I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect

      how quick keys work.

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1 12:45 PM
        You're confusing StartUp Keys (what you use at power-up) with System
        Quick Keys (what you use with the scanner running).

        Joe M.

        Chris 451 wrote:

        > When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
        > I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
        > I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
        > I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.
        >
        > Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?
        >

        > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        > From: pmanu44@...
        > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
        > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

        > I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
        >
        > how quick keys work.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • chris451 hotmail
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2 6:12 AM
          What about startup keys, how are these best used?
          Holding 1 on power up for example, and having "startup key" set in a couple of systems, does not seem to change locked out systems,
          unless they are above the first 10 quick keys.
          Say I get a chase going, and I want only 2 systems going in the scanner, startup key doesnt really do that, and priority seems to disable the effect it does have.
          Also what is priority plus vs plus?

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2 7:35 PM
            what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2 8:17 PM
              For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

              Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
              trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
              instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
              are scanning.

              I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
              compound what you are trying to do.

              Joe M.

              Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
              > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
              > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
              >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
              >> how quick keys work.
              >>

              >> ________________________________

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2 9:16 PM
                Jeffrey,
                Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
                Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
                (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
                Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
                With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

                During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
                the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
                For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
                digits to enable or disable that SQK.

                For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
                quickly press the assigned GQK.