Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2012
      For single-digit SQKs, just press the number on the keypad. For
      double-digit SQKs, hit the decimal point then the two-digit SQK.

      Joe M.

      Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:

      > How the heck do I use the quick keys for system turn on turn off
      > when I am mobile ?
    • Chris 451
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2012
        When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
        I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
        I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
        I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.

        Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?

        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        From: pmanu44@...
        Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
        Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

        I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect

        how quick keys work.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2012
          You're confusing StartUp Keys (what you use at power-up) with System
          Quick Keys (what you use with the scanner running).

          Joe M.

          Chris 451 wrote:

          > When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
          > I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
          > I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
          > I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.
          >
          > Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?
          >

          > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          > From: pmanu44@...
          > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

          > I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
          >
          > how quick keys work.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • chris451 hotmail
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
            What about startup keys, how are these best used?
            Holding 1 on power up for example, and having "startup key" set in a couple of systems, does not seem to change locked out systems,
            unless they are above the first 10 quick keys.
            Say I get a chase going, and I want only 2 systems going in the scanner, startup key doesnt really do that, and priority seems to disable the effect it does have.
            Also what is priority plus vs plus?

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
              what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
                For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

                Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
                trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
                instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
                are scanning.

                I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
                compound what you are trying to do.

                Joe M.

                Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
                > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
                > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
                >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
                >> how quick keys work.
                >>

                >> ________________________________

              • Clark Rennie
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2, 2012
                  Jeffrey,
                  Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
                  Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
                  (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
                  Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
                  With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

                  During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
                  the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
                  For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
                  digits to enable or disable that SQK.

                  For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
                  quickly press the assigned GQK.