system quick keys

  • Jeffreyinberthoud
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2012
      I appoligize sure ists been asked before I have had my 396XT since day 1 and have always programmed with the ARC XT program love the set up
      and quick keys when it come to priogramming data and keeping things in order.......HOWEVER

      How the heck do I use the quick keys for system turn on turn off
      when I am mobile ? I have no clue and can not find this data anywere
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2012
        I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
        how quick keys work.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 31, 2012
          Paul,

          I think what he means is setting quick keys when he is out and about (mobile)
          without his computer nearby to program it via ARC XT software.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1 6:40 AM
            For single-digit SQKs, just press the number on the keypad. For
            double-digit SQKs, hit the decimal point then the two-digit SQK.

            Joe M.

            Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:

            > How the heck do I use the quick keys for system turn on turn off
            > when I am mobile ?
          • Chris 451
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1 10:33 AM
              When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
              I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
              I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
              I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.

              Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?

              To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
              From: pmanu44@...
              Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
              Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1 12:45 PM
                You're confusing StartUp Keys (what you use at power-up) with System
                Quick Keys (what you use with the scanner running).

                Joe M.

                Chris 451 wrote:

                > When you power up and hold a quick key 0-9 and have a specific quick key on a system, "proccessing quick key 1" so I put quick key 1 on a system and locked it out, then power off did quick key 1 (hold down while powerup) it did not unlock the system I put on quick key 1. Same for quick key 2.
                > I thought it meant it would scan only systems with quick key 1.
                > I use the quick keys alot, for going in and out of adjacent states, have not been using GPS (need a splitter/gender bender connector.) as I sometimes use a laptop for GPS nav, I almost always have a gps running in the car.
                > I added location and it did not change the state of locked out or unlocked for the quick key.
                >
                > Another mystery: What is the difference between Priority and Priority plus?
                >

                > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                > From: pmanu44@...
                > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0700
                > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] system quick keys

                > I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
                >
                > how quick keys work.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • chris451 hotmail
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2 6:12 AM
                  What about startup keys, how are these best used?
                  Holding 1 on power up for example, and having "startup key" set in a couple of systems, does not seem to change locked out systems,
                  unless they are above the first 10 quick keys.
                  Say I get a chase going, and I want only 2 systems going in the scanner, startup key doesnt really do that, and priority seems to disable the effect it does have.
                  Also what is priority plus vs plus?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 2 7:35 PM
                    what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 2 8:17 PM
                      For what you want, the System Quick Keys are the ticket.

                      Just set the SQK for each conventional System (or Site in the case of
                      trunked Systems) to a SQK (say number 1), and you will be able to
                      instantly enable/disable everything by pressing the 1 button when you
                      are scanning.

                      I would disable any StartUp Key you have assigned so it does not
                      compound what you are trying to do.

                      Joe M.

                      Jeffreyinberthoud wrote:
                      > what I want to be able to do is lock out or unlock a system without having to go through every site(trunk) or every channelor group Conventional,, I really do not have a clue how to utilize the quick key feture other than when programming
                      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:
                      >> I guess I don't understand the question. Mobile/fixed location doesn't affect
                      >> how quick keys work.
                      >>

                      >> ________________________________

                    • Clark Rennie
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 2 9:16 PM
                        Jeffrey,
                        Am I correct in thinking that you have programmed some Systems with System
                        Quick Keys (SQK) and Group Quick Keys
                        (GQK) but then don't know how to use them ?
                        Using Quick Keys is not the same as locking or unlocking Systems.
                        With Quick Keys, you activate or de-activate a system. Muck more flexible.

                        During scanning, you can enable or disable single digit SQKs by pressing
                        the corresponding [1 - 9, 0] key.
                        For two-digit SQK's first press (period) [. / no / pri], then enter the two
                        digits to enable or disable that SQK.

                        For GQK s, during scanning, press the Function (on the left side) and then
                        quickly press the assigned GQK.