Re: DC Adapter...

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2012
      Well that's the thing about 'aftermarket'. It would be hard to call any aftermarket product legitimate, at least in the eyes of the original maufacturer. They would quote you chapter and verse 'not supported', not recommended' etc. etc.

      If I needed one I would go ahead and buy it, then check the voltage output, open circuit and under load. If it produces what you want, rock on!!

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I'm needing to purchase a DC adapter for the 396XT.
      >
      > I've seen different ones on ebay, like the adapters with the green background in the
      > photo. However, I'm skeptical, and would like to know what is legitimate as a after market product.
      >
      > Thank You.
      >
      > -Lance

    • Mark Levine, D.C.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2012
        If you are going to spend four or five hundred dollars on a high-end
        scanner, why would you risk it not buying OEM on something like an adapter.
        Is the extra 5 bucks going to make a difference to the year-end bottom line?

        > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Greetings,
        >>
        >> I'm needing to purchase a DC adapter for the 396XT.
        >>
        >> I've seen different ones on ebay, like the adapters with the green
        >> background in the
        >> photo. However, I'm skeptical, and would like to know what is legitimate
        >> as a after market product.
        >>
        >> Thank You.
        >>
        >> -Lance

      • Fantom
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2012
          I bought this unit from amazon, it is OEM

          http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JT1MS0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_3p_dp_1

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2012
            Thank you...

            On Aug 19, 2012, at 4:48 PM, Fantom wrote:

            > I bought this unit from amazon, it is OEM
            >
            > http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JT1MS0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_3p_dp_1
            >
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you are going to spend four or five hundred dollars on a high-end
            > > scanner, why would you risk it not buying OEM on something like an adapter.
            > > Is the extra 5 bucks going to make a difference to the year-end bottom line?

          • T
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30, 2012
              Im sorry- That is not an OEM DC adapter. That is made by the same company that makes a tone of the aftermarket cell phone adapters. I know, Ive been in the business since 1999. The cost to the retailer $1.93. That being said. Even the ones that say "Uniden" on them and are sold by Uniden could be made by the same company. They just use heavier duty parts and wires.