RE: [BCD396XT] P25 Site advice

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
      Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
      With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
      frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
        Gidday David,

        If you log into yahoo groups and go to the groups web page
        then go to: Files

        Software Files

        FreeScan You will find a file called

        NSW Statewide Dec 2011.996

        This one was made up by the Uniden Man and covers the GRN in NSW.

        Regards,

        Doug VK2XLJ

        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
          David,

          Look in to the aurfscan website.  They have GRN files with that will assist.

          OB

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
            Yes, for the reason you mentioned. If there are TGs active on other
            sites that are not active on the one you are monitoring with them all in
            one site, it will pick up those ones, too.

            Joe M.

            David Johnson wrote:
            > Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
            > With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
            > frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

          • David Johnson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2012
              Thanks. This one has all the control frequencies as one site.