Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Site advice

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
      You have an XT scanner which is optimized just for the type
      of System you have. Put each site in as a separate Site.

      Joe M.

      David Johnson wrote:
      > I am in New South Wales Australia. We have a P25 Government Radio Network
      > that tries to cover the whole state (800,642 square kilometres, or 319,129
      > square miles). To do this there are about 162 base stations, all linked
      > together.
      >
      > Am I better off putting all of the control frequencies into one site, or is
      > it better to have a separate site for each base station, putting the control
      > channel and alternate in?
      >
      > Thanks.
    • David Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
        Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
        With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
        frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

        David Johnson wrote:
        > I am in New South Wales Australia. We have a P25 Government Radio
        > Network that tries to cover the whole state (800,642 square
        > kilometres, or 319,129 square miles). To do this there are about 162
        > base stations, all linked together.
        >
        > Am I better off putting all of the control frequencies into one site,
        > or is it better to have a separate site for each base station, putting
        > the control channel and alternate in?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Doug Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
          Gidday David,

          If you log into yahoo groups and go to the groups web page
          then go to: Files

          Software Files

          FreeScan You will find a file called

          NSW Statewide Dec 2011.996

          This one was made up by the Uniden Man and covers the GRN in NSW.

          Regards,

          Doug VK2XLJ

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
            David,

            Look in to the aurfscan website.  They have GRN files with that will assist.

            OB

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
              Yes, for the reason you mentioned. If there are TGs active on other
              sites that are not active on the one you are monitoring with them all in
              one site, it will pick up those ones, too.

              Joe M.

              David Johnson wrote:
              > Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
              > With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
              > frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

            • David Johnson
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2012
                Thanks. This one has all the control frequencies as one site.