P25 Site advice

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
      I am in New South Wales Australia. We have a P25 Government Radio Network
      that tries to cover the whole state (800,642 square kilometres, or 319,129
      square miles). To do this there are about 162 base stations, all linked
      together.

      Am I better off putting all of the control frequencies into one site, or is
      it better to have a separate site for each base station, putting the control
      channel and alternate in?

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
        You have an XT scanner which is optimized just for the type
        of System you have. Put each site in as a separate Site.

        Joe M.

        David Johnson wrote:
        > I am in New South Wales Australia. We have a P25 Government Radio Network
        > that tries to cover the whole state (800,642 square kilometres, or 319,129
        > square miles). To do this there are about 162 base stations, all linked
        > together.
        >
        > Am I better off putting all of the control frequencies into one site, or is
        > it better to have a separate site for each base station, putting the control
        > channel and alternate in?
        >
        > Thanks.
      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
          Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
          With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
          frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

          David Johnson wrote:
          > I am in New South Wales Australia. We have a P25 Government Radio
          > Network that tries to cover the whole state (800,642 square
          > kilometres, or 319,129 square miles). To do this there are about 162
          > base stations, all linked together.
          >
          > Am I better off putting all of the control frequencies into one site,
          > or is it better to have a separate site for each base station, putting
          > the control channel and alternate in?
          >
          > Thanks.

        • Doug Johnson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
            Gidday David,

            If you log into yahoo groups and go to the groups web page
            then go to: Files

            Software Files

            FreeScan You will find a file called

            NSW Statewide Dec 2011.996

            This one was made up by the Uniden Man and covers the GRN in NSW.

            Regards,

            Doug VK2XLJ

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
              David,

              Look in to the aurfscan website.  They have GRN files with that will assist.

              OB

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 24, 2012
                Yes, for the reason you mentioned. If there are TGs active on other
                sites that are not active on the one you are monitoring with them all in
                one site, it will pick up those ones, too.

                Joe M.

                David Johnson wrote:
                > Thanks. Would this make the scanner more likely to pick up Talk Groups?
                > With all the control channels as one site, it tends to lock onto one
                > frequency and misses conversations on nearby base stations.

              • David Johnson