Re: Scanning Help

  • Kristy
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
      I entered some frequencies in the Conventional System and it is now scanning those. But I have several talkgroups stored under the P-25 system but it won't can those. It will only scan the Conventional System.

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
        your conventional system and your trunk system need to be separate.

        Is your trunk system locked out?

        Do you have a quick key assigned to it?

      • mygroups2007@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
          Kristy,

          Talkgroups are not frequencies. As UPMan said, you will need to enter the frequencies for the trunk system into the site.

          Ron in Eugene

          On Jul 13, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Kristy wrote:

          > I entered some frequencies in the Conventional System and it is now scanning those. But I have several talkgroups stored under the P-25 system but it won't can those. It will only scan the Conventional System.
          > > >________________________________

        • Shawn Kurschner
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
            Kristy, where is the system? What city and state?

            *Shawn Kurschner*

            *(MCP, CSS, HDA, MCDST, MCTS)*

            *Manitowoc, WI USA
            *

          • Ron Aubry
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
              Kristy, You should get a subscription to Radio Refferance first, then Download FREESCAN so you can program your system on the Computer. Third you need to buy or download the easy version of the Manual, and read, read, read, untill you understand how to enter your information and how to to program the differant types of systems. The 396XT is NOT a beginners scanner, and with the help of Radioreferance and the manual you will soon get the hang of it. Use Freescan to view differant typs of programs so you can see how they are programed. The cost of the Radio referance Membership is well worth the knowledge you will get from them not to mention the free programs. All you have to do is download and then uploAD TO YOUR SCANNER. Good Luck...

              "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
              God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

              To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
              From: ziebarth715@...
              Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:32:25 +0000
              Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Scanning Help

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                Minnesota, Isanti County

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...> wrote:

                > Kristy, where is the system? What city and state?
                >
                > On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Kristy <ziebarth715@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > I entered some frequencies in the Conventional System and it is now
                > > scanning those. But I have several talkgroups stored under the P-25 system
                > > but it won't can those. It will only scan the Conventional System.
                > >
                > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > If there are no frequencies in the system, then the scanner will have no
                > > ability to scan or receive it. Matters tremendously.
                > > > SQK= System or Site Quick Key.
                > > > GQK=Group Quick Key
                > > > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/QuickKeys.html
                > > >
                > > > UpMan
                > > > UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read
                > > before emailing me directly

              • Kristy
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                  As far as I know its not locked out. And no quick key.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                    I had a subscription to RR but it expired. That is how I programmed the scanner when I purchased it. I still have all the info saved on my computer as far as the talkgroup ID's. But my scanner just won't scan that system no matter what I do.

                    I even tried going through the Uniden manual and recreated a system with the ID's and it still won't scan.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                      As others have mentioned, the site frequencies are *required* in order
                      to scan a trunk system. You cannot scan it just with the TGIDs.

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                        Assign that system a quick key of your choice.

                        You can assign that at the system level via the menu key.

                        Do the sites for your system have frequencies programmed into them?

                      • Doug Johnson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                          Gidday Ron,

                          You certainly hit the nail right on the head.

                          I think what you said should be put on our web page and also in the email when

                          they join as this would stop a lot of unnecessary emails.

                          These scanners require alot of effort and research to understand them and get them going.

                          Definitely not a beginners scanner !

                          Regards,

                          Doug VK2XLJ

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 13, 2012
                            Thank you everyone for your help today. I renewed my subscription to RR. I deleted all the systems I had on my scanner and started from scratch. So far it seems to be working. Haven't heard my local county yet but I'll give it some time. Thanks again!

                            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Kristy" <ziebarth715@...> wrote:

                            > I've had my scanner for well over a year and never been able to figure it out. I have two groups: a conventional system and the ARMER group. My scanner will only scan the conventational group which has no channels in it. How do I get it to scan the ARMER system instead of the other one?

                          • Gail Wisher
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 8, 2012
                              It has been reported that OPD has sloved one of its problems with the p25 system . An AT and T transmiting any near the xmtr site was causing interference and once it was removed the system proformence improved.

                              .