Re: [BCD396XT] GROUP Quick Keys

  • Paul Opitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2012
      F+Scroll to the conventional system. While "F" is still active (it will stay
      active for about 2 seconds after you stop scrolling) press the # for the GQK you
      want to enable.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2012
        I have noticed a quirk (maybe a bug), that does this very same thing. Try
        going through the menu and unlocking the group from the group setting menu.
        After that it seems to work fine using the previously mentioned technique.

        I am REALLY confused now.

        I have several conventional systems each with a handful of groups.

        To enable/disable a system, I can press the # of the system quick key while
        scanning. That works great.

        While scanning a system, I see the groups I've defined on the 2nd line.
        Well, I *DID* before whatever happened, happened.

        While scanning a system I tapped FUNC then the group quick keys I wanted to
        turn off. I must have turned them ALL off because now I don't see ANY
        listed for that system, and no combinations of FUNC and #'s restores them.

        Worse, it started scanning built-in 'services' which I had to figure out
        how to lock out.

        So, how do I re-enable groups within a conventional system? What did I do
        wrong?

        Donald W. Chapman
        N5RVR

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
          I have and use a Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter with my BCD396XT. It's
          several years old and now the battery needs charging after
          just a couple of hours. Anyone attempted to change the battery in this
          adapter and what kind of battery is required ?
          I don't even see how to open the unit.

          Clark