Red / blue flashing display

  • Keith Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      I tried (and failed) to upgrade my firmware tonight. I now have a red/blue flashing screen and the scanner will not do anything except flash. It doesn't communicate with the computer, and it will not reset using the hold/2/9 reset function. Modes anyone else know how to remedy this issue or should I throw the thing in the landfill?

      Thanks
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
        I see from rr.com that you've sucessfully completed the update.

        For those who find this thread in an archive search, the answer is always
        "Restart the update, following every step." There is no way to permanently brick
        the scanner doing an update.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
          No landfill! Bring it to a party instead...