Re: [BCD396XT] 396XT

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2012
      I've had mine for a year now. Scanning multiple agencies, some NFM and some FM. I have them programmed appropriately for each. I run my volume at 10 12 and sometimes 15 in my truck. No speaker issue here either.
    • joe@polcari.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2012
        Mine is always on 15 and has been since I got it years ago.Still sounds good.Maybe I should get an external speaker, huh? ----- Original Message -----From: "E Dale Tanksley" >;daletanksley@...;barry-n8dad@...

      • David
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 7, 2012
          Run mine at 12-13 for the last two or three years every day at work. Speaker is fine. Bit of clipping on Aircraft Band above 13. YMMV

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, OB <ob1309@...> wrote:

          > Be prepared for the speaker to go if you have vole greater than 7.
          >
          > OB
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On 30 Jun 2012, at 12:46, "N8DAD" <barry-n8dad@...> wrote:
          >
          > > thinking of ordering the 396XT on Monday..
          > >
          > > Anyone give me any idea as having a 996XT and now getting
          > > the 396XT.. anything i should no about before ordering this????
          > >
          > > N8DAD

        • OB
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 9, 2012
            I am envious as mine died in less than a month out of the box...

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 8 Jul 2012, at 05:53, "David" <davidmc36@...> wrote:

            > Run mine at 12-13 for the last two or three years every day at work. Speaker is fine. Bit of clipping on Aircraft Band above 13. YMMV
            >
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, OB <ob1309@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Be prepared for the speaker to go if you have vole greater than 7.
            > >
            > > OB
            > >
            > > Sent from my iPhone
            > >
            > > On 30 Jun 2012, at 12:46, "N8DAD" <barry-n8dad@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > thinking of ordering the 396XT on Monday..
            > > >
            > > > Anyone give me any idea as having a 996XT and now getting
            > > > the 396XT.. anything i should no about before ordering this????
            > > >
            > > > N8DAD

          • keith
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 10, 2012
              I work in a building that's kind of noisy and I have to run volume at least 12 or sometimes 15 for 8 hours. For 1 1\2 years. And so far so good.
              Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile