Re: [BCD396XT] Battery Size

  • W H Reynolds
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2012
      Use them in both the 396t and the 396xt. They are the only AA batts that I have in my shack

      Admiral W H Reynolds, K8DNE
      972-358-7566
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 18, 2012, at 19:01, "cerennie2000" <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

      > Anybody use the Maha Imedion NiMH AA 2400 mAh Low Self discharge batteries in their BCD396XT ?
      > The reason I ask is because a review states they are a little larger
      > in size than the Sanyo and might not fit all devices.
      >
      > Otherwise the review gave good results.
      >
      > Clark

    • Scannerman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2012
        I use the Imedion 2400 with my BC396XT and works great. It has a little
        tight fit bit works fine, so far no problems. I have been running these
        batts for about 6 months now with no issues. I have also found that these
        batteries fit a lot of other devices with a little tighter fit than regular
        AA batts but have not seen any issues.
        Good luck.
        On Jun 18, 2012 8:01 PM, "cerennie2000" <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Anybody use the Maha Imedion NiMH AA 2400 mAh Low Self discharge batteries
        > in their BCD396XT ?
        > The reason I ask is because a review states they are a little larger
        > in size than the Sanyo and might not fit all devices.
        >
        > Otherwise the review gave good results.
        >
        > Clark

      • Robert-RR
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
          I use 2700 Mah Lamar Rechargeable Got good deal at Radio shack on line

          I use Powerex 2700's. Pleased with their performance.

          Doesn't answer your question, but felt compelled to share...

          -Lance

          On Jun 18, 2012, at 6:01 PM, cerennie2000 wrote:

          > Anybody use the Maha Imedion NiMH AA 2400 mAh Low Self discharge batteries
          > in their BCD396XT ?
          > The reason I ask is because a review states they are a little larger
          > in size than the Sanyo and might not fit all devices.
          >
          > Otherwise the review gave good results.
          >
          > Clark

        • gteague
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2012
            i know this is an old thread, but i'm working my way through the messages and this seems to be the first one.

            i read the same review and it concerned me enough that i only ordered a 4-pack of these 2400mah imedion batteries to start with. but i just now tried them in my new 396xt and they fit less tightly than the uniden supplied 2300mah cells. hot out of the charger they might be a little tighter but i'm no longer concerned and i plan to order more of these so i'll have 3 or 4 sets of them that i can rotate in and out of the maha charger.

            /guy (73 de kg5vt)