Software Question.

  • mrhermit
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
      What software do owners of this scanner prefer to use?

      I have found FreeScan, ProScan, ARCxt Basic, Arcxt Pro, bcTool, and Scancat lite Plus as programs that will work with this scanner.

      I have the newest version of Scancat Lite Plus for use on my AOR 8000 analog scanner. I don't think it looks or works any better then it did about 10 years ago. I think it needs a new face lift. It is still back in the Windows 95 era.

      I don't have this scanner, but it is on my possible list to buy. With the complexity of these newer digital trunk tracking scanners, I think that the software is an important part of using these scanners to there full potential. Any feedback, pros or con would be appreciated.
    • Jeff M
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
        I personally use ArcXT Basic. If you are comfortable working with
        Spreadsheets this is the easiest one and has the most flexible editing
        capabilities IMO. I have tried Freescan and it is pretty good and is
        free. Both of these are easy to import from Radio reference with a paid
        membership. Last I checked Freescan and ArcXT Basic don't play well on
        the same computer so try with each one seperately (this could have changed).

        PS I use ARC XT on Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit with no issues.
      • Jeff M

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
            I've downloaded and used both freescan and ARCxt Pro. I prefer ARCxt Pro,
            although it doesn't read well from Windows 7 to the scanner. I installed
            "XP Mode" in my windows 7, installed the software there and that resolved
            all issues.

            --

            *Shawn Kurschner*

            *(MCP, CSS, HDA, MCDST, MCTS)*

            *Manitowoc, WI USA
            *

          • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
              At 05:23 AM 6/7/2012, you wrote:
              >What software do owners of this scanner prefer to use?
              >
              >I have found FreeScan, ProScan, ARCxt Basic, Arcxt Pro, bcTool, and
              >Scancat lite Plus as programs that will work with this scanner.

              I've been using Freescan. No complaints, it does the job for me. I
              don't need to frequently change the frequencies, though one system
              will be migrating to P25 sometime in the future.

              73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
              http://vkradio.com