Re: [BCD396XT] Another dumb question

  • Jeffry Rehm
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
      Thank you. So I got some of it right. Thats good.  Now I have to figure out how to do the band plan. Wish me luck. I have never done that before.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
        What is the correct Band Plan for a system with these frequencies ?

        Clark

        At 06:47 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

        >It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter
        >the band plan for the system.
        >½A0
        >Set all channels as digital.
        >
        >UpMan
        >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
        >emailing me directly
        >

        > >________________________________

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
          There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They could all use different band plans.

          That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205

          UpMan

          >________________________________

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
            Thanks Paul,
            I missed that info. under Custom Frequency Tables.

            Clark

            At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

            >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
            >could all use different band plans.
            >½A0
            >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
            >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
            >
            >UpMan
            >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
            >emailing me directly
            >

            > >________________________________

          • Jeffry Rehm
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
              OK. So I am programming the band plan and the scanner is asking me questions that the answer does not appear on the Scott AFB page.

              When I enter "base freq" all goes well but it then asks "input upper/input lower" what are those?

              When I enter "offset" it asks for polarity (+ or -) that is not listed either. How do I know what it is?

              The scanner does not seem to hold what little info I have in the memory for the band plan. I am guessing it is because I am not doing it correctly.

              Again sorry for being a pain, just wanting to get it right.

              I guess I better go and check the user manual huh?

              At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

              >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
              >could all use different band plans.
              >½A0
              >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
              >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
              >
              >UpMan
              >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
              >emailing me directly
              >

              > >________________________________

            • Paul Opitz
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/calculatingupperbasefrequencies.html

                Polarity is going to be +.

                ________________________________

                At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                >could all use different band plans.
                >½A0
                >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                >
                >UpMan
                >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                >emailing me directly