Re: [BCD396XT] Another dumb question

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
      It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter the band plan for the system.

      Set all channels as digital.

      UpMan

      >________________________________

    • Jeffry Rehm
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
        Thank you. So I got some of it right. Thats good.  Now I have to figure out how to do the band plan. Wish me luck. I have never done that before.

        It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter the band plan for the system.

        Set all channels as digital.

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
          What is the correct Band Plan for a system with these frequencies ?

          Clark

          At 06:47 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

          >It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter
          >the band plan for the system.
          >½A0
          >Set all channels as digital.
          >
          >UpMan
          >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
          >emailing me directly
          >

          > >________________________________

        • Uniden UPMan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
            There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They could all use different band plans.

            That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205

            UpMan

            >________________________________

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
              Thanks Paul,
              I missed that info. under Custom Frequency Tables.

              Clark

              At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

              >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
              >could all use different band plans.
              >½A0
              >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
              >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
              >
              >UpMan
              >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
              >emailing me directly
              >

              > >________________________________

            • Jeffry Rehm
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                OK. So I am programming the band plan and the scanner is asking me questions that the answer does not appear on the Scott AFB page.

                When I enter "base freq" all goes well but it then asks "input upper/input lower" what are those?

                When I enter "offset" it asks for polarity (+ or -) that is not listed either. How do I know what it is?

                The scanner does not seem to hold what little info I have in the memory for the band plan. I am guessing it is because I am not doing it correctly.

                Again sorry for being a pain, just wanting to get it right.

                I guess I better go and check the user manual huh?

                At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                >could all use different band plans.
                >½A0
                >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                >
                >UpMan
                >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                >emailing me directly
                >

                > >________________________________

              • Paul Opitz
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                  http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/calculatingupperbasefrequencies.html

                  Polarity is going to be +.

                  ________________________________

                  At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                  >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                  >could all use different band plans.
                  >½A0
                  >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                  >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                  >
                  >UpMan
                  >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                  >emailing me directly