Another dumb question

  • Jeffry Rehm
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
      Trying to program, by hand, the Scott AFB (IL) TRS. It is listed as a Motorola Type II Smartnet but it is also a P25 system.

      Do I program the system as P25 or as a Motorola system with each talk group programmed to receive digital only?

      Also if I program the system (or site) in search mode in stead of scan mode is there anything tricky with that?

      I have many trunked systems in my scanner but this one is, for some reason, giving me fits. Right now the only way I can hear voice traffic is to program the frequencies as a conventional system. At least that way I do get NAC 94 to show up on the screen.

      Simply put I can't get the system to receive/decode any talk groups. I must be doing something wrong. Again I program everything by hand.

      Thanks ahead for your help.

      Jeff

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
        It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter the band plan for the system.

        Set all channels as digital.

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • Jeffry Rehm
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
          Thank you. So I got some of it right. Thats good.  Now I have to figure out how to do the band plan. Wish me luck. I have never done that before.

          It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter the band plan for the system.

          Set all channels as digital.

          UpMan

          >________________________________

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
            What is the correct Band Plan for a system with these frequencies ?

            Clark

            At 06:47 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

            >It should be programmed as a Motorola VHF system (not P25). You must enter
            >the band plan for the system.
            >½A0
            >Set all channels as digital.
            >
            >UpMan
            >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
            >emailing me directly
            >

            > >________________________________

          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
              There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They could all use different band plans.

              That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205

              UpMan

              >________________________________

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                Thanks Paul,
                I missed that info. under Custom Frequency Tables.

                Clark

                At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                >could all use different band plans.
                >½A0
                >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                >
                >UpMan
                >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                >emailing me directly
                >

                > >________________________________

              • Jeffry Rehm
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                  OK. So I am programming the band plan and the scanner is asking me questions that the answer does not appear on the Scott AFB page.

                  When I enter "base freq" all goes well but it then asks "input upper/input lower" what are those?

                  When I enter "offset" it asks for polarity (+ or -) that is not listed either. How do I know what it is?

                  The scanner does not seem to hold what little info I have in the memory for the band plan. I am guessing it is because I am not doing it correctly.

                  Again sorry for being a pain, just wanting to get it right.

                  I guess I better go and check the user manual huh?

                  At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                  >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                  >could all use different band plans.
                  >½A0
                  >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                  >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                  >
                  >UpMan
                  >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                  >emailing me directly
                  >

                  > >________________________________

                • Paul Opitz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
                    http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/calculatingupperbasefrequencies.html

                    Polarity is going to be +.

                    ________________________________

                    At 09:36 AM 6/6/2012, you wrote:

                    >There is no single band plan for a systgem with those frequencies. They
                    >could all use different band plans.
                    >½A0
                    >That specific system''s band plan is shown on the RR database page:
                    >http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4205
                    >
                    >UpMan
                    >UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                    >emailing me directly