RE: [BCD396XT] Mobile Antenna

  • Robert Klamp Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
      I have used the exact antenna you are referring to from scanner master and it works very good. After I got my new car I didn't want to put the big mag mounts on it any more and I sure wasn't going retro fit a 2011 Cadillac truck with the radio from my old car. So I bought the spectrum force mag mount to use with my hand helds while driving. The magnet on the antenna is super strong, it stayed on the car while doing 65-70 mph on the hi-way and even stayed on when I forgot to take it down once when entering a parking garage. I could hear it banging on every low point of the garage I went through and when I got out it was still standing and receiving like a champ for a cheap part time mobile antenna that you can take on and off at will with no damage to your car you cant beat the spectrum force. Also its frequency coverage is amazing VHF-900MHz it receives solid. I would definitely recommend it it even did OK on the vhf lo band. I hope this helps with your decision.

      Just my opinion,
      Bob

      Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.