Control Channel Scanning

  • Brian Hall
    Message 1 of 55 , Mar 29, 2009
      I'm still waiting for my BCD396XT, and in the meantime, I'm having fun
      programming stuff in to FreeSCAN. I've never had a scanner capable of
      scanning a trunked system on just the control channel. On RR, the system
      I'm following has a main control channel, and an alternate control channel.
      Should I program both frequencies into the system and select the Control
      Channel Only option in FreeSCAN? Will the BCD396XT search for any control
      channel signal on any of the programmed frequencies and follow the trunked
      system that way?

      Thanks!

    • J. Newell
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 2 1:50 PM