Questions before buying

  • DavidC
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2012
      Many places that sell the 396xt also sell a GPS kit? I thought the scanner had GPS functionality?

      Many places also sell the base radio, THEN you add counties pre programmed. I thought that you can download software and data from Radio reference and program the unit yourself without much problem ?
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2012
        The scanner supports GPS features, but has no GPS built-in.

        It would be nice if it were a built-in option, but
        GPS functionality is not as popular as it is on mobiles.

        Joe M.