Re: [BCD396XT] Re: APCO Band Plan << problem detected with simulcast cqpsk systems>>

  • Paul Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2012
      Yep it's iowa! Would getting a directional antenna be the best bet? I think it might be battling towers cause I have one for miles south and about five miles west. But when I'm in the southern part of the county I don't get much chatter on it. Also I can't hear cedar rapids pd where I am.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2012
        A directional antenna should help.

        Something else you can try is a lower gain antenna if that is the only
        system you are interested in. I've mentioned this to several people and
        it seems to solve simulcast issues for many of them. I use this method
        on one of my scanners, and it works great. The trick is to use the low
        gain antenna and put it in a null for all but one of the towers. This
        may take some trial and error, but it does work.

        Joe M.