Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Base Antenna Suggestion

  • Dannypa_27
    Message 1 of 24 , May 10 3:54 PM
      I never knew you could have one on a bicycle? Do you have any pictures of it? Thanks.

      --danny

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 24 , May 10 7:09 PM
        I love the Larsen NMO-2/70 dual band antennas. They work better than
        anything else I've tried. I haven't tried the tri-band antennas, but
        they are likely of similar design. Still, the dual band antennas work
        very well on 800 MHz, and even decent on Low Band.

        Joe M.

      • John
        Message 3 of 24 , May 11 10:09 AM
          You can put an antenna on anything..... even my skid steer will have one
          with a mount for an HP1 and amplified speaker so I can listen while I tear
          up the yard.

          wrote:

          > The best multi-band antenna I've used is the LARSEN 150/450/800 mobile.
          > have one on my car, bicycle, and use a ground plane kit, similar to the
          > one
          > below, for a base. I'm using the 150 ground plane kit with the longer
          > ground elements though.
          >
          > I've never tried the "Spectra" but I do have the base version, the
          > "Ferret"
          > and I'm not too impressed with it's performance. It works pretty good on
          > 150 mhz but that's about it.
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Mark Levine, D.C. <wb2eqe@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > http://www.alpha2zuluelectronics.com/NMO-ground-plane-kit-p/1465.htm
          > >
          > > works fine
          > >
          > > ML

        • dataman60435
          Message 4 of 24 , May 11 11:47 AM
            "John" your a true "SCANNERMAN"......And i luv how u voice your opinion on things!!

            Message 5 of 24 , May 11 12:44 PM
              lol..... don't even get me going on encryption......

              Message 6 of 24 , May 15 4:22 PM
                Pictures attached..................