Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Base Antenna Suggestion

  • Mark Levine, D.C.
    Message 1 of 24 , May 9, 2012
      In that case you may want to look at the Austin Spectra, it's excellent.
      http://www.rfwiz.com/AustinAntenna/AustinAntennaSpectra.htm

      Message 2 of 24 , May 9, 2012
        That is actually a good solution. I used to be an RF Mobile Field Tech, and serviced a lot of systems. I visited a few sites that used NMO with ground plane
        kit.

        -Lance

      • tachorn@live.com
        Message 3 of 24 , May 9, 2012
          I saw the spectra yesterday while I was looking and it really caught my attention. What are my options for ground plane kits other than the one listed with the spectra? Do they make a ground plane kit with an N connector or pl259 so I can use a better feed line? I will need around 50ft feed line. I dont want a 7ft tall antenna on the house.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...> wrote:

          > In that case you may want to look at the Austin Spectra, it's excellent.
          > http://www.rfwiz.com/AustinAntenna/AustinAntennaSpectra.htm

        • Mark Levine, D.C.
          Message 4 of 24 , May 9, 2012
            http://www.alpha2zuluelectronics.com/NMO-ground-plane-kit-p/1465.htm

            works fine

            ML
            >I saw the spectra yesterday while I was looking and it really caught my
            >attention. What are my options for ground plane kits other than the one
            >listed with the spectra? Do they make a ground plane kit with an N
            >connector or pl259 so I can use a better feed line? I will need around
            >50ft feed line. I dont want a 7ft tall antenna on the house.
            >
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> In that case you may want to look at the Austin Spectra, it's excellent.
            >> http://www.rfwiz.com/AustinAntenna/AustinAntennaSpectra.htm

          • MICHAEL BENNETT
            Message 5 of 24 , May 10, 2012
              The best multi-band antenna I've used is the LARSEN 150/450/800 mobile. I
              have one on my car, bicycle, and use a ground plane kit, similar to the one
              below, for a base. I'm using the 150 ground plane kit with the longer
              ground elements though.

              I've never tried the "Spectra" but I do have the base version, the "Ferret"
              and I'm not too impressed with it's performance. It works pretty good on
              150 mhz but that's about it.

              Mike

            • Dannypa_27
              Message 6 of 24 , May 10, 2012
                I never knew you could have one on a bicycle? Do you have any pictures of it? Thanks.

                --danny

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 24 , May 10, 2012
                  I love the Larsen NMO-2/70 dual band antennas. They work better than
                  anything else I've tried. I haven't tried the tri-band antennas, but
                  they are likely of similar design. Still, the dual band antennas work
                  very well on 800 MHz, and even decent on Low Band.

                  Joe M.

                • John
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 11, 2012
                    You can put an antenna on anything..... even my skid steer will have one
                    with a mount for an HP1 and amplified speaker so I can listen while I tear
                    up the yard.

                    wrote:

                    > The best multi-band antenna I've used is the LARSEN 150/450/800 mobile.
                    > have one on my car, bicycle, and use a ground plane kit, similar to the
                    > one
                    > below, for a base. I'm using the 150 ground plane kit with the longer
                    > ground elements though.
                    >
                    > I've never tried the "Spectra" but I do have the base version, the
                    > "Ferret"
                    > and I'm not too impressed with it's performance. It works pretty good on
                    > 150 mhz but that's about it.
                    >
                    > Mike
                    >
                    > On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Mark Levine, D.C. <wb2eqe@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > http://www.alpha2zuluelectronics.com/NMO-ground-plane-kit-p/1465.htm
                    > >
                    > > works fine
                    > >
                    > > ML

                  • dataman60435
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 11, 2012
                      "John" your a true "SCANNERMAN"......And i luv how u voice your opinion on things!!

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 11, 2012
                        lol..... don't even get me going on encryption......

                        Message 11 of 24 , May 15, 2012
                          Pictures attached..................