Creating groups in conventional systems (not Talk groups)

  • Terrell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2012
      I have been researching about the "groups" (GRP) for my 396XT but have not found any real information about them. Groups (GRP) is the bottom line of the display and I can't find much info on creating, editing, deleting, etc. I have inadvertantly turned off a group and had to do a lot of reading to figure out why my quick key shows the system being active but tnere is nothing scanned. I found that I had to go into Function hold, scroll to the system, and then hit the group number that was created for it somehow. I never created any groups but they are in some of my systems just the same. Is there anyone who actually knows how "groups" work in conventional systems, and how to change or get rig of them?
      I've heard that groups (GRP) are for organizing "police", "fire", "emergency", etc. in a conventional system that has a bunch of frequencies in it so you can scan only the sub-group you want to listen to.
      I use ScanCat-Lite Plus for connecting to my computer.
      If this is comfusing, think of how I feel.
      Thanks for any help!
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2012
        Try this: