are the bcd346 and 396 antennas the same/ also squelch

  • stormtracker78
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2012
      i recently moved and in the procss i got my antennas mixed up in the same box.i own both the 346xt and 396xt(sweetest radio ive ever owned outside my satellite750).are the stock antennas the same for both models and if not how can u tell them apart.and heres a question for our beloved longtimers and experts.On the arc xt i changed all my audio to analog only instead of all because my systems were i live(rio grande valley texas) are the 800/900 motorolla type 2 splinter which i beleive is analog our texas dps and project p25 systems are digital i left them digital, here the situation.since i put my scanner to analog after the transmission it stays on the channel with like staticit it wont go back to search i have to manualy turn the tap knob to make it search.why is this?or sometimes if my hand just touches the scanner it will search again but stops on the first transmission and then does it all over any info would be GREATLY appreciated.i have my squelch set 1 past when it turns off on the squelch setting
    • Michael R. Howes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2012
        Pretty much 99% of the stock antenna that come with handheld scanners are the same.  Simply a cheap (but effective) wide band antenna.   So mixing them up and using them with different scanners will make little difference, and certainly will not harm your scanners any.