Re: Handheld Antenna

  • Robert Bell
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
      Hi, so far I have found the Watson Wsma 889 to be my favourite antenna
      for
      size and performance and it is reasonably priced as well. Another
      favourite
      is the Diamond RH951S but that's not as convenient for size but
      performs quite well.

      Rob.
      Abbotsford,BC
      VA7UK
    • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
        At 03:30 AM 4/22/2012, you wrote:
        >I am mostly looking for public safety in the 800 range. Someone else
        >mentioned the RS 800 Mhz rubber duckie. I'll take a look at the Antennex.

        An antenna tuned to 800 MHz would be a better choice for you. Same
        principle as the 160 MHz antenna I use on the car. It's tuned to the
        band of interest, so it should outperform a generic antenna.

        73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
        http://vkradio.com
      • Ronski45
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 22, 2012
          http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

          Antenna Performance ratings

          The Antenna Challenge
          Evaluating the Performance Characteristics of Scanner Antennas