Re: [BCD396XT] Handheld Antenna

  • Michael R. Howes
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
      I have found so far that the Radio Shack 800MHz "rubber ducky" is one of the best handheld antennas for 800MHz.  I live in an area that kinda sits lower than the surrounding area, and the RS 800MHz antenna has really helped bring in the signals where others have not performed quite as well.   Heck for $20, you really can't go wrong.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
        Hi, so far I have found the Watson Wsma 889 to be my favourite antenna
        for
        size and performance and it is reasonably priced as well. Another
        favourite
        is the Diamond RH951S but that's not as convenient for size but
        performs quite well.

        Rob.
        Abbotsford,BC
        VA7UK
      • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 21, 2012
          At 03:30 AM 4/22/2012, you wrote:
          >I am mostly looking for public safety in the 800 range. Someone else
          >mentioned the RS 800 Mhz rubber duckie. I'll take a look at the Antennex.

          An antenna tuned to 800 MHz would be a better choice for you. Same
          principle as the 160 MHz antenna I use on the car. It's tuned to the
          band of interest, so it should outperform a generic antenna.

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
        • Ronski45
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 22, 2012
            http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

            Antenna Performance ratings

            The Antenna Challenge
            Evaluating the Performance Characteristics of Scanner Antennas