Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
      Everyone posting "FUNC 5" should be aware that on the
      396XT FUNC 5 sets the volume offset and not the display.

      Also on the 396XT the function button is
      'sticky', so there is no need to hold it.

      Joe M.

      Gary Saffer wrote:
      > On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
      >> Good Morning
      >>
      >> Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >> John

      > Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
      > release the "5" key.
    • Gary Saffer
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
        Since he asked "from frequency to name" it's not unreasonable to think
        that for some reason he's asking about the 396t on the XT list. Maybe
        he's not a high end scanner user like we are and assumes that they are
        the same thing.

        I wasn't aware that the function key was sticky on the XT portable.
        Thanks, that makes things easier.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
          See my other post. I mentioned that answers will
          be forthcoming for both units due to the ambiguity.

          The function key will timeout on the XT after
          5 seconds or so, but generally it is 'sticky'.

          Of course, on the 396T the function key is not sticky at all.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2012
            it's sticky if you hold it in long enough, then the F symbol blinks, indicating
            FUNC mode is ON without timing out...