Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396

  • Gary Saffer
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
      On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
      > Good Morning
      >
      > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
      >
      > Thanks
      > John

      Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
      release the "5" key.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
        You are going to get multiple answers since you didn't specify whether
        you have the 396T model or the 396XT model - you only said 396. We can
        assume that you meant XT because you are posting to the XT list, but you
        are getting answers for both units.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
          Everyone posting "FUNC 5" should be aware that on the
          396XT FUNC 5 sets the volume offset and not the display.

          Also on the 396XT the function button is
          'sticky', so there is no need to hold it.

          Joe M.

          Gary Saffer wrote:
          > On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
          >> Good Morning
          >>
          >> Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >> John

          > Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
          > release the "5" key.
        • Gary Saffer
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
            Since he asked "from frequency to name" it's not unreasonable to think
            that for some reason he's asking about the 396t on the XT list. Maybe
            he's not a high end scanner user like we are and assumes that they are
            the same thing.

            I wasn't aware that the function key was sticky on the XT portable.
            Thanks, that makes things easier.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
              See my other post. I mentioned that answers will
              be forthcoming for both units due to the ambiguity.

              The function key will timeout on the XT after
              5 seconds or so, but generally it is 'sticky'.

              Of course, on the 396T the function key is not sticky at all.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 8, 2012
                it's sticky if you hold it in long enough, then the F symbol blinks, indicating
                FUNC mode is ON without timing out...